Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

One million US deaths from COVID-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One million US deaths from COVID-19
    Posted: May 17 2022 at 2:20pm
CRS, DrPH
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2022 at 2:28pm

I think Covid will end up like the Spanish Flu with estimates of deaths ranging wildly. Almost everyone I know here has had it now, including my family, and now we've all moved on mentally from it. Have you had it yet Chuck?

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 6:39am

Wrong. 

400,000 extra deaths in the USA  or  14% extra deaths .  

Not a million. 

2020 3.3 million people died

The trend from 2019 suggested the death toll would be 2.9 million. 

The Spanish Flu was 3 times larger. 

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 10:52pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

I think Covid will end up like the Spanish Flu with estimates of deaths ranging wildly. Almost everyone I know here has had it now, including my family, and now we've all moved on mentally from it. Have you had it yet Chuck?

Hi KiwiMum!  No, I don't believe that I had it, but it is a bit of a "chimera," and I might have had a mild case.  I don't really think so. 

When this thing was first announced, I undertook a strategy including getting the first mRNA vaccine that I could (Moderna), which I received ahead of many due to my status in law enforcement (2 doses).  My first booster was Pfizer, which I was happy about since "mix and match" vaccination is theorized to improve antibody response.  For my second booster, I had Moderna, and had quite a strong reaction = a positive sign that my old body's immune system developed a good response! 

That being said, this coronavirus will remain with us for a long time, mutating and infecting.  I've taken to wearing masks in public again, and avoid crowds if I can.  Hope you are well, be safe, dear!  

CRS, DrPH
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 11:50pm

Hi Chuck, it might interest you to hear my Covid story. We caught it and I had the most severe reaction of my family, which i was expecting being a middle aged woman with falling oestrogen levels. My children had a slight sore throat, a mild headache. Their symptoms lasted about 2 days. I had the headache, upset stomach, sore throat, ear ache, and then a strange dry cough. I was monitoring my blood oxygen and when it started to drop, I took an asprin and an anti histamine twice a day. I also took zinc, vit c, vit d, vit k2, NAC and quercertin once a day. 

Within a few hours of my oxygen levels starting to drop they were at 95% and I had painful lungs. Then they dropped to 92% and the lungs hurt more - as if I'd just done a long run on a cold day - so I decided to follow the French research and treat them with nicotine. I applied a 7mcg patch to my arm (btw I'm a non smoker!!!!). Within 2 hours my lung pain had gone and my oxygen started to rise slowly. By the next morning I was back at 99% which is my normal. I kept up the pills and patches for 2 weeks. Made a full and steady recovery. The last tiredness about 7 days after my symptoms had completely disappeared. 

The nicotine made a huge effect. Apparently it inhibits the take up of the spike proteins by the ACE2 receptors in the lungs. It certainly worked for me. Btw, I think you have to use medical grade patches, not smoke a cigarrette!

I have a few friends who have had the same Covid as me and they are still fatigued and have lung pain. I'm not a doctor and so didn't give them medical advice and I was one of the last to get it so I didn't have my own personal experience to fall back on. I still have half a packet of patches left and intend to buy another pack to keep in my medicine cabinet. I weaned myself off them by cutting them in half and then quarters.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic