Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

OOPS Sorry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OOPS Sorry
    Posted: November 21 2022 at 12:33pm

I feel lucky that I can see both sides of this.  I completely see where you are coming from.  If one of my loved ones was isolated and died I would be furious.  If I was a small business, I would be angry as hell.  I totally see the side of it was an "Over reaction" and it hurt and still is hurting so many people.

however, I can also see the other side.  That we truly have no idea how things would have turned out had we not had quarantines.  Would the same amount of people lost their businesses because they would have been sick or in the hospital too?  Would those that got to see their loved ones also gotten sick and died?  Who knows?

My mother in law spent her last days in isolation because she was too scared to leave her house.  She didn't get to have any fun and the lethargy that ensued I think is what eventually killed her.  Now would she have a different scenario if she had gotten to go out?  I would like to think so....at least a little more fun before she kicked the bucket.  The truth is though, is I do NOT know and no one does.  Would she have gotten sick and died anyways?

Hindsight is 20/20.  Some of us make mistakes and we could see that if we did it differently, then things would have been better.  With this scenario, we really don't know.

NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
A-I View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2022 at 11:41am

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Good video. 

He makes reference to Professor Emily Oster's recent article "Let's declare a Covid Amnesty" and so I read it. It's calling for everyone who was wronged, who were called names, ostracized, mandated out of the jobs or essentially denigrated by society to turn the other cheek, forgive and move on. 

Fat chance.

There need to be public investigations. People need to held accountable for their actions. People lost loved ones who died isolated and alone, who were buried alone, all the suicides, all the ruined small businesses. It's not right and it shouldn't be swept under the carpet. 

Emily Oster says, and I quote,

"Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts."  And ain't that the case! 

Yes there are quite a few (and some on here) that would just like to try and forget their actions and words relating to Covid ie mandates, Vaxx.  Words have meanings and actions have consequences and no one is forgetting how they acted like vaxx nazi so willingly.

"Facts don't care about your feelings" I'M A UNVAXXED DEVIL so kiss my rebel ass.
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2022 at 11:12am

Good video. 

He makes reference to Professor Emily Oster's recent article "Let's declare a Covid Amnesty" and so I read it. It's calling for everyone who was wronged, who were called names, ostracized, mandated out of the jobs or essentially denigrated by society to turn the other cheek, forgive and move on. 

Fat chance.

There need to be public investigations. People need to held accountable for their actions. People lost loved ones who died isolated and alone, who were buried alone, all the suicides, all the ruined small businesses. It's not right and it shouldn't be swept under the carpet. 

Emily Oster says, and I quote,

"Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts."  And ain't that the case! 

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
A-I View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2022 at 7:37am

"Facts don't care about your feelings" I'M A UNVAXXED DEVIL so kiss my rebel ass.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic