Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Has H5N1 already mutated?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has H5N1 already mutated?
    Posted: March 01 2023 at 11:19am

This article is in the British press today. The lead scientist investigating the death of the girl in Cambodia says that the H5N1 has already mutated and has "been through a human" before infecting this girl. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11807961/H5N1-bird-flu-mutated-infect-people-scientists-ground-zero-Cambodia-say.html

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2023 at 12:45pm

Great find Kiwi and holy shit!  Super scary!  I was reading on Twitter about a military hospital that had a first year student outbreak of what they are saying is covid, but 3 students already on ventilators.  Someone is saying its a mutated covid.  I feel super scared right now!  ugh!

NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2023 at 2:31pm

One of my sons is 3 weeks into his first term at university and in his halls there are now 50 cases of Covid. It was 15 cases last week. 1 case in the first week. It just goes to show how quickly these things spread in halls of residence. 

What I really noticed in that article was the genetic make up of the strain in the girl showed that it had already been through a human before reaching her, where it had picked up some mutations. Heaven help us if someone with Omicron catches the H5N1 and it recombines.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic