Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

a run-up to something?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prof.Ferguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a run-up to something?
    Posted: May 02 2006 at 1:17pm
for what it's worth, my short list of stuff that might be nothing (or not):

official websites (WHO & various govts.) rarely mention specific future dates, but when they do it's been late may/early june/summer.

the mike leavitt u.s. state-level meeting schedule ends in late may (26th i think).

as of today, the leaks began of a new federal plan to be released wednesday (so says cnn & co.) - again, the may/june time frame approaches.

hurricane season begins june 1, and preparation/readiness is HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE at the VERY BEST (ask the locals, they'll tell you).

gas prices - we all know what they've been doing and for how long, culminating in lots of media attention now at the start of summer tourist season. nice way to keep people close to home, having gas so expensive.

the official websites appear to update weekly or less often, whereas, the newspapers & news web pages break new stories every day. this tells me the officials aren't "following the flu" anymore - they're following a schedule (an agenda?). Note, BF still hasn't made their main pages - you have to go a couple links to get to it. watch for it to get bumped to page 1, maybe around late may/june?

cable tv news coverage of bf is only getting blips, whereas, outbreaks of mumps & meningitis (and responses to them) have been getting HEAVY coverage. not that htey don't deserve it - but for anything to grab as much airtime as they have, is a big deal in the news business these days.

we sure have seen lots of nifty and colorful computer models of pandemics on tv in the past month or so, haven't we?

in the past month i'm not the only member here who has noted changes on the store shelves and store advertising. most recently, on the same day i visited both walmart and a major food super-discount store. on sale at one or the other or both, were first aid kits, powdered and canned milk, and large-size bags of dried beans, peas, rice, etc. (this is in addition to the more routine hurricane prep supplies like water, batteries, etc.)

and of course, the new cases in both birds and humans keep happening in the same places and new places, and this month we've seen the other strain infecting humans as well (h7n3, i think, that causes conjunctivitis?)

this is all not to mention everything else posted here that others have noticed.

looks like a run-up to me. am i the only one getting the sense that "something" is about to happen?

Time's up. It's here. If you're not ready, you should have been - we all were warned.
Prof.Ferguson View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prof.Ferguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 1:21pm
oh, i forgot this: we broke 1500 members :)
Time's up. It's here. If you're not ready, you should have been - we all were warned.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 1:28pm
Nope, Prof Ferguson - I was thinking the same thing myself and unsure how to express it.

There's nothing specific I can put my finger on - just a gut feeling and the collective, yet subtle signals.

I feel that there are very frightening facts that have been kept from everyone.

I just hope they give the general public enough time to do some prepping. As we've all seen, the majority don't consider this worth worrying about or preparing for.

While I understand that there are countries where the majority is too impoverished to do much, there are quite a few nations where the citizens could prepare for "social distancing" and possbile shortages - if they are given ample warning and enough time to do so.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 1:33pm
Your theory seems worth following up, though the "event" still seems some time off (Not getting a sense of urgency yet).

Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 1:33pm
Thank you for a very thoughtful analysis. When things get up together the way you have put them, they seem to be pointing in one direction. I cannot get over my initial sense of urgency and my overall sense of the wisdom about prepping that has not really let up (except when there is no $$ left after bills) Thank you for the time and attention you put into your post.
235365 - Energy follows thought.   As you think, so you are.
Commonground View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commonground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 2:02pm
It's all my intuition, and that little voice inside me is screaming "cover-up". Been following this forum since mid-February and the tone has definitely changed. The daily/weekly news about BF from various countries has basically dried up in the past 2 weeks. We hardly hear anything anymore. That doesn't sit well with me. Also, the increase in:
Meningitis, Mumps, Meningococcemia, Measles, Cholera (dead ducks in Oregan), Snail Fever (4/18 Speculation), Foot-and-Mouth Disease, Mystery Illness, 150 Dead Cattle in Adair County. This is what we've been hearing about for the past 3 weeks.   I don't buy it. Too coincidental for my liking.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 2:21pm
I also think something is about to happen. We recently decided to up our preps from 6 months to 9 months, we are currently at 7 months. I would like to finish up in the next week. I think the lack of news from other countries (where we already know that it is there and killing people) scares me the most, that all of a sudden everything is ok and there is nothing happening, I don't think so. It is just one big coverup!
tonseck View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonseck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 2:27pm
Prof, if you broke 1500 members, it's up to you to fix them.  I don't have the time or the inclination.  And next time don't be so careless.

Don't be afraid to be afraid; it keeps you on your toes.
Ironstone View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 2:34pm
Certain countries will control the news and in others the WHO will show them how to do it.  I would guess the "run-up" is the prep for it coming down thru Alaska nd the Eastern Seaboard in the next few months.   It has gone into most of the nations that will not allow news out and is now ready to strike the Americas.  The news in Europe is no longer BF.  If something was happening and Europe knew about it, they would be telling people to get ready.  They are not so that means nothing is happening or they are unaware of it happening.  They had best hope they get some early warning or they are going to have lots of trouble there.

The US is the only nation that has tried to tell the population to prep and they best be ready to take care of themselves.  The others wish to maintain the fiction that the government will take care of everything and there is nothing to worry about.  We are very lucky because we are being informed in this way.  The US will do the same as others tho and try to keep faith in the poultry products so that sector of the economy will not fall apart.  I worry about my Brit friends every day.  Some have listened to me and are prepping but many just call me names (in jest).  At least they know my email so that when they are ready to accept things they know where i am. 
Ironstone
gogo View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 2:36pm
Some people believe that disaster movies are used to desensitize people so that when something really bad happens it will be more easily accepted.

The bird flu coverage could be a diversion for something else that is planned.  Like military action against Iran, a subsequent oil embargo, and a huge disruption in daily life - maybe more.

I think that the whole H5N1 situation is a very big deal.  Knowing that government displays the same thought, I have to wonder if they haven't found a use for it somehow.

Hey Carnivore - is this thing on?  Testing, testing, one, two, three....

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 2:43pm

Great effort at trying to connect the dots Prof!!!  I agree.   Here is something I noticed that was bizarre in my town.   I was looking for my dad for a gift for father's day, and he loves birds so I always go to the bird store for a gift.   (I have told him of my concerns but doesn't listen).

Anyway, both bird stores in town were closed.  Now this is a town that has a very healthy robust economy and one of the fastest growing towns in the nation.    Fear?

I even went to Walmart and their section on bird feeders, etc. has been greatly reduced.
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 2:47pm
those who control the computers that run the net  are the ones who control the net.

Google, Fed X and a host of other corps are in bed together watching and helping big brother in the name of homeland security.

the net is so easy to manipulate by the man. makes his job alot easier. 

everything has to pass by him.

older technologies would be hard for them to supress like printed leaflets or cb radio, etc.

The web will not be the place to get the real picture.

Only by people like us in this forum , gathering a miryad of data, postulating and hypothizing will true conclusions be abstracted.

That's why I hate when someone tries to challenge a poster with facts and verifiable data. we will have little or none in the Bird Flu War.

We are tasked to speculate to the highest degree and depend on our gut feelings when things don't add up.

Hell, if you read the news lately you'd think H2H was just a bad memory.... yet the experts say its inevitable so where'd it go?

We have to speculate that H2H is continuing and increasing because it has in the recent past.

We have to speculate that the media and politics of BF are continuing as in 1918 (our last reference to how they reacted)

We have to postulize the whole chain of events till it becomes clear.

All we want is to do is help prepare those who will listen and have a little advance notice.

Guess we'll have to speculate on that also

Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Commonground Commonground wrote:

Also, the increase in:
Meningitis, Mumps, Meningococcemia, Measles, Cholera (dead ducks in Oregan), Snail Fever (4/18 Speculation), Foot-and-Mouth Disease, Mystery Illness, 150 Dead Cattle in Adair County. This is what we've been hearing about for the past 3 weeks.   

Everything that Commonground mentioned plus not hearing about any human cases out of Africa.
I know that many natural wildlife deaths occur all the time, but there really does seem to be an eery die-off recently. Dolphins, crows dropping from the sky before mosquitoes are active, norovirus all over, large numbers of swine deaths plus the poultry dying or being culled for H5N1 or NOT H5N1.

Someone mentioned that the prospect might be a great diversion and that's possible too. It wouldn't be the first time that politicians used a situation to further other goals.

Anyway, I hope I'm just having one of those days and will wake up tomorrow with the sky feeling less heavy.

BTW Carp - you made me laugh again. You do have a nack.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 2:52pm
Agree Corn.  I really believe that it's already here.  (my speculation only).  I have said this before.   Think about it, the net is governed by the man and all of this information is coming through now.  I just think it's there way of breaking it to us gently.  .........that's a song by Juice Newton, "Break it to me Gently."   You are absolutely right.  Loved the farmer post you had!  Coming from South Dakota, I was laughing and agreeing wholeheartedly!
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prof.Ferguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 2:54pm
direct quote said by a cnn reporter not 30 minutes ago: " there is no evidence it is transmitted between humans."

not.

Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 2:55pm
they will feed us a few new deaths etc. soon. just enough to make us think we are getting something to calm us down. it comes in spurts.
Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
Ironstone View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 2:58pm
My only trouble spots are China and Africa.  Neither one will let out information.  China because everything is a "state secret" and Africa because the government ministers own the poulry farms and want people to keep eating chicken.  Even in Britain, if something happens there are a lot of papers that would love to attack the government and they will be watching.  The BBC is not one of those to watch.  The Sun, The Scotsman, The Times and The Guardian will relish "outting" them.
Ironstone
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:07pm
I worry about South America too.  There is definitely something going on down there.

Now the Bahamas?

The other thing about South America is that geese fly there for the winter and then fly back north in the spring.    They are so focused on the flight path from Alaska. 

Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:09pm

World News

Latest headlines from WN Network. WorldNews delivers latest Breaking news including World News, US, politics, business, entertainment, science, ...

http://www.wn.com/

used to be a good source I though. i use to visit here everyday for BF news......not anymore..... they filter the search engine.    controled.....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:11pm
The other thing is, since we broke 1500 members we need to collaborate and send emails to Oprah.com.  She did a story last January and she needs to do a follow up show.   She is trusted by many.   At least have her staff privy to this website.

We need to do things quickly before government controls too much.

for what it's worth.......wendy
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:15pm

computers will pull up everything so it has to be people culling the data. some stories don't appear on the net. for whatever reasons that media outlets management chooses to censor. that's their call.. just letting you know. news now publishes everything. I'll decide to censor my own data.
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:20pm

I'll take Jerry Springer Show

We can have the WHO and CDC swing at each other. Maybe get China in the audience to taunt the crowd.

We'll  name the show....."Bird Flu Mates who would cheat in a Pandemic"
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:21pm
It would be good to have the ear or support of at least a few well known people.

Do you think we'll be told "We have a plan, don't worry it's under control" and any potential news will die with the plan?   

I was hoping that volume of human and financial resources that have gone into the development of any plan would convince more people to take the threat seriously.
I'm often guilty of being naive though.

I believe in fairies, I do, I do.

I was among many who sent emails to 20/20 and 60 minutes and didn't even receive an automated response. Nada.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:21pm
Corn its like you are trying to tell us something without telling us anything.  Are we supposed to read between the lines???  It's just a spooky vibe I suppose.  It's just I have been spooked all day.  My apologies.  It's just this gut feeling I have.
JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:22pm
If the long leaked Pandemic Plan is released by the White House tomorrow, I will be looking carefully at who will be in charge.

President Bush highly respects the military. Outstanding results have been achieved in Afghanistan and Iraq which has gained the President respect overseas, if not with our media.

I speculate this will lead him to appoint Dr. Richard Carmona, the Surgeon General, either formally or informally to lead the fight against a Pandemic.
This report will contain clues if not a formal declaration of the leader. 
He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.Proverbs 13:20, The Bible
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:23pm

funny!!! Jerry Springer........in his words, "The audience always gets it right."  So in this case, with China in the crowd taunting, it's right to cull birds, animals and humans to control the Pandemic?

oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:25pm
Corn - you are too funny!
I actually thought of the Jerry Springer show and was afraid to suggest it.

Guess we'd need a couple torn up over disagreeing over the validity of the threat.
Must live in a mobile home, preferably in a trailer park.   

Have and accent or the ability to fake one.
Any volunteers?

BTW, I haven't done a lick of billable work all day.
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:25pm
Naw just saying the story needs to come from alot of directions like this forum. noot just the internet.

heck I don't know.
Sometimes I get anti governmental sometimessome other rant.
Does feel spoky in here today.
.....mmmmmmm.....

Drinks Everybody\-/ !!!

Who knows?
THE WHO
and they're not sharing.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:27pm
Jerry Springer, you could do a dominatrix (sp?) show, the government dominating. 

China is on here now, we better be careful.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:29pm
Funny you'd mention drinks. I just noticed that my box o wine is about empty.

Silly me ... I put beans and rice ahead of wine and beer on the prep list.
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:30pm
They'll have to show some risky cleavege shots when they rip off thier clothes in the fight. How bout Condeleza Rice and Pamela Anderson?
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:32pm
With or without mashed potatoes and gravy - that would be a tangle worth enjoying.

Sorry, my hubby turns Springer on just before he goes to bed so I am "forced" to watch it sometimes.
pugmom View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pugmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:41pm
You are right! and whatever happened to Burma?  H5 exploded there 3-4 weeks ago, then nothing, then a ridiculous statement came out saying they had it under control.  I will tell you what I would like to be--I would like to be a fly on the wall down in that WHO Avian Flu war-room bunker in Geneva.  They have about 113 experts (if I remember what I read is right) working down there in that bunker just on this problem, 24 hours around the clock, tracking it, running their numbers, figuring the projections.   Can't the news agencies get some "plants" in there and find out what is really happening and where this is going.  Why don't the investigative reporters plant themselves outside the door and get up to the minute reports from the scientists when they come out for air?  (They did this with the UN "food for oil" scandal.)   Maybe they never come up for air.  Can't the journalists  get some "off the record" stuff?  This might be the biggest story in human history and these idiots in the media are missing it.  What happened to good old-fashioned sleuthing and sticking your neck out (remember deep throat and Watergate?)  Maybe we should all chip in and hire some National Enquirer investigators. 
jpc
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prof.Ferguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:44pm
jaxmax, cbs evening news just said tomorrow's point man for release of the pandemic plan, is "the same person who advises the president on bioterror," whomever that might be. no name attached that i noticed.
MAJDAD View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAJDAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 4:19pm
There is something coming,  but the butts in DC will not tell us bones in the field.  They just keep sending out warning messages.  Folks as soon as I know for sure.  I will post it here (if I can that is)
Major Dad hopes you are all alive and well and looking out for each other
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 4:37pm
jaxmax,  reports are saying that "Health and Human Services Dept would lead the government's interagency response effort and the Homeland Security Dept would have a secondary role to assist with the health response and non-medical support"

last paragraph
http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/must-read/50286.html

Does this give us any clues, or are you thinking that they may appointment "Chicken Plague Czar"?
redcloud View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redcloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by pugmom pugmom wrote:

What happened to good old-fashioned sleuthing and sticking your neck out (remember deep throat and Watergate?)  Maybe we should all chip in and hire some National Enquirer investigators. 

They ARE sleuthing. It's just that what people want to know (what Enquiring minds want to know) is about :

Brittany's preggers again.
Brangelina's preggobump is getting big.
Duke rape "scandal" is too juicy to pass up.
Charlie Sheen's new kid's clothing line is introduced just as he gets a restraining order from Denise, who's getting it on with neighbor Richie Sambora.
Who's going to be on "The View."

And blah, blah, blah....

Katie Couric is going to do the CBS Evening News, for god's sake! They might as well put Howdy Doody in there, or Rocky the Flying Squirrel.

When the public ASKS to be manipulated, they get what they asked for. Bread and circuses, that's what there is a hunger for.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 5:02pm
Hate to admit that you are right RedCloud.

I'm old enough to remember when the media went out on a limb. To quote Will Rogers "Why not go out on a limb - that's where the fruit is".

As I've seen in my own career and I'm sure many others can attest to - the majority is kiss A##, regardless of what's being said. Nobody is willing to stand up and be counted or credited with saying anything that means anything. They will all just politely agree with whoever submits their reviews or signs their paychecks.

Sad, very sad. I grew up when people were unrealistically idealistic. The 60's and 70's. We thought we could make a difference and then most of them sold out.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 5:04pm
ALl this reminds me of that chemical threat a few years ago. Do any of you remembe it?  The local tv stations were gently starting to suggest what you should have on hand in case there was a chemical attach ie duct tape and plastic.  Then it was in the newspapers.  I noticed that it was in quite a few places within a few days.  It didn't 'feel' right.  I got that funny stomach-ache-gut-wrenching feeling.  I went next door, to my neighbor and starting connecting the dots with her.  I said it was what they were NOT saying that was so unsettling in their suggestions.  She noticed it to, and we left right then and there to go to walmart for the duct tape & plastic. There were plenty of supplies to choose from.  I can remember it was a Monday. By Friday when there was finally a confirmation that there was a threat ... shelves were EMPTY of stuff needed and suggested.  Seems the same is happening here ... it's what's NOT SAID that needs to be paid attention to.  It's the subtle messages that are the important messages!-k 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 5:30pm
I have had two people come in my office this week and said their sons were in the Marines and were being deployed to Guam........isn't that a supposed quarantine site?
JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 5:49pm
Prof. Ferguson-

Thanks for the tip, if CBS is correct Dr. Fauci is generally thought of as  the point man on bioterror. 

I am still pulling for Dr. Carmona.
He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.Proverbs 13:20, The Bible
JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 5:55pm
aurora-

No idea. Dr. Carmona would fit the ideal resume, Green Beret in the military, top of his class in Medical School, trauma surgeon, local law enforcement swat team, and the consummate team player. He would bring a lot to the table.Confirmed 98-0 in a highly partisan Senate.

The only unknown is his health. This is going to be an ironman position.
He may have declined.

I am  still pulling for Dr. Carmona.

And finally, in this administration, influence does not always follow organizational charts.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by wenmalon wenmalon wrote:

I have had two people come in my office this week and said their sons were in the Marines and were being deployed to Guam........isn't that a supposed quarantine site?

That's the information that I received when talking on the phone w/ a representative from Dr. Woodson's office (wrote the booklet 'Preparing for the Coming Pandemic').  ( I called for some add'l info on meds recommended for in-home flue patient care) She said that a friend of hers works for the CDC and she was told that they were setting up a Quarentine Camp on Guam 'complete with boihazard suits'. There's a thread on News called 'Setting Up Camp' where we were trying to get this confirmed. -k
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 8:02pm
Thanks Ready mom.  It's just surprising because a person would think our soldiers were going to Iraq, or Afghanistan. 
redcloud View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redcloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 8:23pm
"I called for some add'l info on meds recommended for in-home flue patient care."

So what did they say?
If all is not lost, where is it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic