Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Fast growing hedge??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fast growing hedge??
    Posted: May 31 2006 at 11:09am
Anybody have a good idea for fast growing bushes?

I was advised against placing my pool inside my original hiding area. Have to surround it with some fast growing bushes/hedges which I'd like to start now. We are in zone 9 to 10, so they need to be very heat tolerant, also have terrible soil. Clay/sand with lots of rocks and roots.

Would appreciate any advice.
JMcB View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMcB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2006 at 11:13am
Any Privit should work
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2006 at 11:26am
There is a hedge / shrub called firethorn (which has no thorns) that grows extremely fast and make for a great privacy hedge. It grows very fast in central Florida so it should work well for you with enough water when young. Its attractive even if untrimmed.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2006 at 12:01pm
Fences or shrubs might stop many people from seeing your pool. However, anyone can probably go on-line and punch in your address or one nearby to see a satellite picture of your yard. That will reveal the pool.

One place you can check this out is here:

Do a search of your address, click the satellite button and then zoom in on the location.
gilmor View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gilmor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2006 at 1:45pm
honeybee View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 2:25pm
you can see satellite pictures also from www.terraserver.com/

Also, consider "helmet berries" - they grow mostly wild and transplant easy. They grow like crazy and the thorns are terrible.  I live in upstate ny and also have rocky, rooty ground.  They take to this so well that if I let the branches touch the ground, both ends root!  Also, the berries are small but very tasty and good antioxidents.

Honeybee
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic