Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Another suspect H5N1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another suspect H5N1
    Posted: June 08 2006 at 5:14am
    New Suspect H5N1 Bird Flu Case in Medan Indonesia
Recombinomics Commentary
June 8, 2006

http://www.birdflubreakingnews.com/templates/birdflu/window.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.recombinomics.com%2FNews%2F06080601%2FH5N1_Medan_New.html
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2006 at 5:25am
Commentary

New Suspect H5N1 Bird Flu Case in Medan Indonesia

Recombinomics Commentary

June 8, 2006

One of the citizen's pre-schoolers Street. Sisingamangaraja Medan is currently treated in RSUP H Adam the Medan Owner resulting from Suspect bird flu. Casualties were reconciled from RS Elisabeth, on Wednesday (7/6).

"During at this time casualties were not yet installed respiratory aids, but Adam's side the Owner continue to supervised for 24 hours about the development of the condition for casualties. If being seen from the sign that was experienced by casualties, almost was the same as the condition for the citizen of the Simbelang Fortification the patient of the bird flu sufferer," said Adnan.

The above translation describes a 2 year old resident of Medan who has bird flu symptoms and was transferred from RS Elizabeth to RSUP Adam Malik, the infectious disease hospital where members of the
large cluster were treated and two health care workers developed symptoms.

The article does not link the child to the prior cases.  The cluster was the largest and most deadly in Indonesia and included the first confirmed H5N1 bird flu cases in North Sumatra.

Media Source Link
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2006 at 7:31am
This is one of the scariest things to me about BF. It keeps claiming so many little ones.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2006 at 5:50pm
PonyGirl,
and these are just the ones we are hearing about. After the one nurse that turned into four nurses thing, I am convinced that we can no longer expect that we are getting the full story out of Indonesia.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2006 at 6:00pm

Also, with all the pandemonium going on with the rescue efforts post earthquake, so many people displace, hospitals totally swamped, there could be any numbers of BF cases that just aren't seen or recorded, OR ISOLATED!
Glow View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2006 at 7:24pm
rutsuyasun, also don't forget they have a volcano that is acting up too.
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 4:02am
it appears a clamp has been put on the bf news coming out of indo , stories and info seam to be sporadic ,if you compare the sudden quietness to the racheted up clamer in the us by the gov, ...both didnt happen by chance ...the calm before the storm..?? (just my thoughts)
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 4:35am
Speaking of swamped hospitals,  I have an interesting story that happened last night.  My father in law had just had his bladder removed from cancer and he is in the hospital.  He called last night on his cell phone from his hospital bed asking if we could call the hospital to let them know a tube had come out of his throat.  Apparantly no nurses were answering his call button. 

It just struck me as so odd.  Imagine if he couldn't have gotten a hold of anyone on his cell phone, would he of had to call  911 to tell them to help him. Operator: "Sir what is your location?"  Him: "I'm in the hospital in room 345.......
klavawithcin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klavawithcin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 4:55am
ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedUnhappy
Did some one call and what did the person answering say?  or did someone deliver the message?
klavawithcin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klavawithcin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 5:02am
By the way Annie, just wanted to let you know you have been an informational angel to this family    Clap         Hug         Thumbs Up
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 5:19am
Hi Klavawithcin,

Thanks,  someone just delivered the message.  I'm glad he had his cell phone with him......
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 8:48am
Angie, I pray your Father-In-Law is receiving the care he needs and his recovery is quick.
QUOTE=klavawithcin]By the way Annie, just wanted to let you know you have been an informational angel to this family    Clap         Hug         Thumbs Up[/QUOTE] Thank you Klavawithcin, I think you may have meant Angie. I appreciate the compliment. Annie
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 8:54am
Thanks Annie.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic