Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
123456
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Political Discussion > Politics - Political Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - US situation/civil unrest
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Online Discussion: Tracking new emerging diseases and the next pandemic since 2005; Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic Discussion Forum.

US situation/civil unrest

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 41501
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 3:20am






Australia is the most successful multicultural society in the world, uniting a multitude of cultures, experiences, beliefs, and traditions. We owe our accomplishments as a nation to the contributions of more than 300 different ancestries-from the First Australians to the newest arrivals.



Have you ever been outside the USA?

most Americans dont even own a passport,so I hear.....

I live here, and don't find anything like the racism  that's in your Country.....


I don't see people calling the police on a person for jogging......

Bird watching, even entering their own apartment.....(.and getting shot!!!!!)

So how many Black people do you know? 

I did ask AI the same question,

I was  deafened by the silence,......

Because he usually pipes up 

I take it he dosnt know any..... 

So any comment from any of you if you don't know any people of a different Race  or Colour

Or been for a coffee or BBQ   at their house 

is Facile........

Because if you don't mix with people who maybe different than you 

It's easy to treat them as a sub human......

And your life is greatly diminished



Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 78860
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 3:23am
Southern trees bear a strange fruit
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
Black bodies swingin' in the Southern breeze
Strange fruit hangin' from the poplar trees
Pastoral scene of the gallant South
The bulgin' eyes and the twisted mouth
Scent of magnolias sweet and fresh
Then the sudden smell of burnin' flesh
Here is a fruit for the crows to pluck
For the rain to gather
For the wind to suck
For the sun to rot
For the tree to drop
Here is a strange and bitter crop

Source: Musixmatch

Songwriters: Allan LewisStrange Fruit lyrics © Music Sales Corp 


All countries are racist to an extent, including those who are majority black (Just look at Zimbabwe).  But Australian police are nowhere near as brutal as American ones and they are moving towards a fairer society.

That's the important bit, where they are heading*.  The first step towards dealing with such problems is to acknowledge them.  Australia did that decades ago, as did the UK.   We are all still imperfect, but we know this and seek to improve.  

The USA government does not seem to see this.  They are still arguing over whether or not Trump is a racist: "His wife is Eastern European; he can't be racist!"  -  "But she is not black and he does seem to be colour prejudiced!"

Tell America it has a problem and get attacked for your trouble.  Tell anyone else and be listened to.





*Ksc, the list you posted is 6 years old and we move on....................  That is the whole point.


ERCD
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 41501
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 3:27am
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 78860
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 3:40am

I remember an old boyfriend of mine (white) visiting California a few years ago.  He leant out of his rental car's window and asked a Policeman for directions (a normal thing to do in the UK).  He was dragged out of the car at gunpoint - for asking directions!  If your police are that brutal and even a smidgeon racist as well, the resultant horror  faced by people of color must be profound.  The police must be viewed as "THE ENEMY".  This is not a recipe for a law abiding society.


Oh!  'And I moved the thread to politics.

ERCD
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 41501
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 3:40am






Atlanta,

sitting in your car,

Window smashed,

Tazered,

Arrested ,

Wrist broken....

FOR WHAT......Crime

Being born with a Black Skin.......

You have a Big problem America....

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 41501
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 3:57am



Now it's here in PP

What the hell was Chump doing waving a Bible Around.....

As though he had a devine message from the Supreme Being.....

What a Oranged Faced Clown.

The whole Show was like watching, 

A FAKE wrestler on WWF......making an enterance

Mind  the audience he was playing to.....was

A bunch of Extras from Deliverance.....

That's his supporter

BASE.....

BASE....

 being the operative word.....



..






Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 10590
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 5:52am

AI, you're right.  I was wrong.  DC DOES have national guard unit.  Hope it gives you the warm and tinglies.  


However it doesn't alter or invalidate my view.  In fact, it reinforces it further.  If DC does, in fact, have a national guard, why was active military called in instead of just the national guard?  It was an unnecessary show of force against citizens.  He was playing tin soldiers.  

Sorry.. but the rest was blah blah blah.  But I did want to make your day by saying on that point, I was wrong.   


Back to Top
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: June 05 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 16608
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 10:45am

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Southern trees bear a strange fruit
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
Black bodies swingin' in the Southern breeze
Strange fruit hangin' from the poplar trees
Pastoral scene of the gallant South
The bulgin' eyes and the twisted mouth
Scent of magnolias sweet and fresh
Then the sudden smell of burnin' flesh
Here is a fruit for the crows to pluck
For the rain to gather
For the wind to suck
For the sun to rot
For the tree to drop
Here is a strange and bitter crop

Source: Musixmatch

Songwriters: Allan LewisStrange Fruit lyrics © Music Sales Corp 


All countries are racist to an extent, including those who are majority black (Just look at Zimbabwe).  But Australian police are nowhere near as brutal as American ones and they are moving towards a fairer society.

That's the important bit, where they are heading*.  The first step towards dealing with such problems is to acknowledge them.  Australia did that decades ago, as did the UK.   We are all still imperfect, but we know this and seek to improve.  

The USA government does not seem to see this.  They are still arguing over whether or not Trump is a racist: "His wife is Eastern European; he can't be racist!"  -  "But she is not black and he does seem to be colour prejudiced!"

Tell America it has a problem and get attacked for your trouble.  Tell anyone else and be listened to.


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Web007rzSOI

Billy Holiday recorded 1954



*Ksc, the list you posted is 6 years old and we move on....................  That is the whole point.


Back to Top
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: June 05 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 16608
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 11:27am
Back to Top
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: June 05 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 16608
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 12:52pm

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/500964-un-identified-military-personnel-extend-perimeter-around-the-white

Un-identified military personnel extend perimeter around the White House

The Hill reached out to the Department of Justice, Pentagon, White House and Park Police to ask what agency the military personnel came from. The Park Police said the police force was not theirs.

Thaddeus Hoffmeister, a law professor at the University of Dayton, said Armed Forces personnel are generally required to wear identifiers.

"As a general rule, members of the Army (Active Duty, National Guard, and Reserves) must wear an identifiable uniform,” Hoffmeister said. “The folks you see without an identifiable uniform are primarily federal law enforcement who don't have the same requirements."

Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 41501
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 3:14pm

I Love seeing the Mass demonstrations,without the riots, 

WELL DONE ALL YOU GOOD PEOPLE

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 6155
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 3:37pm

Originally posted by Pixie Pixie wrote:

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Southern trees bear a strange fruit
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
Black bodies swingin' in the Southern breeze
Strange fruit hangin' from the poplar trees
Pastoral scene of the gallant South
The bulgin' eyes and the twisted mouth
Scent of magnolias sweet and fresh
Then the sudden smell of burnin' flesh
Here is a fruit for the crows to pluck
For the rain to gather
For the wind to suck
For the sun to rot
For the tree to drop
Here is a strange and bitter crop

Source: Musixmatch

Songwriters: Allan LewisStrange Fruit lyrics © Music Sales Corp 


All countries are racist to an extent, including those who are majority black (Just look at Zimbabwe).  But Australian police are nowhere near as brutal as American ones and they are moving towards a fairer society.

That's the important bit, where they are heading*.  The first step towards dealing with such problems is to acknowledge them.  Australia did that decades ago, as did the UK.   We are all still imperfect, but we know this and seek to improve.  

The USA government does not seem to see this.  They are still arguing over whether or not Trump is a racist: "His wife is Eastern European; he can't be racist!"  -  "But she is not black and he does seem to be colour prejudiced!"

Tell America it has a problem and get attacked for your trouble.  Tell anyone else and be listened to.


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Web007rzSOI

Billy Holiday recorded 1954



*Ksc, the list you posted is 6 years old and we move on....................  That is the whole point.


The irony of her chidding KSC for a 6 year old list of racism in AU and then posting a song from 1954 pertaining to racism in the US is not lost on me. Nor is the apparent lack of knowledge on her part of the civil rights movement of the US in the 1960's. According to her "they" are still working on it and the US isn't how trite.


Let's see what the natives of Australia think 2019.

Racism in Australia: Australia’s Top 10 racist towns and cities

Racism is widespread throughout Australia and the worst of it is targeted towards Aboriginal populations. Our poll has revealed the 10 most racist towns and cities in Australia.

Australia’s colonial history is full of racism which began with claims of terra nullius and a campaign to exterminate our race as settlers from the UK claimed we were some kind of inferior sub species of human, more closely related to animals.

Today racism continues on. It is present in every town and city across Australia but there are some towns and cities where racism is so upfront that we often see disturbing news reports reaching national and international headlines. Racism isn’t something that you can measure precisely. Some areas are more outwardly racist than others, while some areas  display a more subtle or even subconscious discrimination in places such as the health, education, justice and employment sectors.

And a word to any kind souls reading this. Trying to approach us on the street to tell us your a good one only serves to make you feel better. Instead of trying to rid yourselves of guilt, how about challenging those being racist and asking why more isn’t being done to stamp it out?

Your one minute chats often make no real difference to our lives when we know the big players like the government and the media are hell bent on marginalising our people. We need to see widespread education campaigns in our schools and in the media to really get our attention and show us that Australia is serious about repairing the damage done by decades of discrimination. 

https://www.welcometocountry.org/australias-top-10-racist-towns-cities/

Doesn't look like the aboriginal natives of Australia think that the country has done much to work on it.

Well here's something very recent indeed on racism in Australia, today in fact.

Despite 432 Indigenous deaths in custody since 1991, no one has ever been convicted. Racist silence and complicity are to blame

Do you know about David Dungay Jr? He was a Dunghutti man, an uncle. He had a talent for poetry that made his family endlessly proud. He was held down by six corrections officers in a prone position until he died and twice injected with sedatives because he ate rice crackers in his cell.

Dungay’s last words were also “I can’t breathe”.

An officer replied “If you can talk, you can breathe”.

Aunty Tanya Day, for instance, campaigned for justice for her uncle who died in custody and later died in custody herself.

The scale of devastation is unthinkable – and violent, and racist.

What makes Australian silence about deaths in custody so especially bizarre is that, unlike the US, we have a mandatory legal review of every death in custody or police presence. Each case, regardless of its circumstances, goes before a judge called a coroner.



Just as public political will is always changing, so is law and legal strategy. Compared to the campaigns for justice for black people killed by police in the US, which have made relative gains, many families here are working in a complex space of honouring their loved ones, proper cultural protocols around death and the dead, and securing CCTV footage to mobilise the public for justice.

https://theconversation.com/despite-432-indigenous-deaths-in-custody-since-1991-no-one-has-ever-been-convicted-racist-silence-and-complicity-are-to-blame-139873

I could go on and on seems there's lot's of racism in AU. Perhaps Carbon should tend to his own house and help fix that before barging into someone else's and judging them.

Up next New Zealand seems racism runs amok there as well and I'll highlight a few other problems as well.

Back to Top
AandEM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Avatar

Joined: March 06 2020
Location: IN
Status: Offline
Points: 585
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandEM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 4:00pm
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 6155
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 4:26pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:






Australia is the most successful multicultural society in the world, uniting a multitude of cultures, experiences, beliefs, and traditions. We owe our accomplishments as a nation to the contributions of more than 300 different ancestries-from the First Australians to the newest arrivals.

Sure it is until you ask the Aboriginal peoples or any other minority in Australia about racism. Seems they have a different take on things. But you just keep patting yourself on the back living in your make believe Kumbaya world.


Baker Boy, Australian Hip-Hop Star, Shares Powerful Statement on 'Rampant' Racism Down Under

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9395153/baker-boy-rampant-racism-australia-post

Racist attacks spike in Australia, with anti-China politicians calling themselves ‘Wolverines’

Australia has made some efforts to curb the racist attacks but gained little. Observers noted that mainstream society in Australia barely pays attention to discrimination against Chinese and Asian groups, which has also fueled racist incidents.

In Australia, respecting the rights of original residents is "politically correct" while being anti-China is also "politically correct," observers noted.

In 2019, infamous Australian right-wing politicians Andrew Hastie, James Paterson and Kimberley Kitching formed a bipartisan group called the "Wolverines" to speak out against China.

The group pasted their logo - four wolf claw marks - on office windows around Parliament House.

Australian media, which has decried China's "wolf warrior diplomacy," has praised "the Wolverines."

Some scholars have pointed out that the current anti-China sentiment is the revival of the "white Australia policy," which is also the reason why racial discrimination in Australian society is difficult to eradicate. Andrew Jakubowicz, an honorary professor of sociology at University of Technology Sydney, said that although the racist attacks against Chinese and other Asians during the coronavirus would backfire, racism remains strong among political parties, mass media, and many other fields.

The "white Australia policy" was aimed at preventing people of non-European ethnic origin, especially Asians (primarily Chinese) and Pacific Islanders, from immigrating to Australia.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1189870.shtml

Central Victorian Aboriginal leaders speak about systemic racism and injustice in Australia as Black Lives Matter movement ramps up

The family of Tanya Day, a Yorta Yorta woman who died after suffering a head injury in a police cell at Castlemaine, said it was a "stain on this country" that no police officer had ever been held criminally responsible the death of an Indigenous person in custody.

https://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/6779756/there-is-something-wrong-with-our-system/

Wow seems your political parties are rife with racism, in fact your whole country. A revival of the "white austrialia policy" doesn't sound like progress is being made in the racism dept. That's racist as fuck and you allow that in your country and in your government. Interesting your view of racism in AU is completely different than actual reality. Are you sure you live in the same country as this? Your perceptions don't seem to correlate with anything these native peoples and minorities are experiencing due to the rampant racism in Australia.

 And why isn't your government doing more to stop these gross racially motivated injustices and murders, it must be lead by racist from the top down. That would explain why not one single police officer has EVER been accountable for the deaths of aboriginals due to excessive police violence. You really need to reform your government it's been out of control for decades allowing this to go on.  Hardly civilized behavior.

Back to Top
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: June 05 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 16608
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 5:58pm

[QUOTE=AandEM]

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/james-mattis-denounces-trump-protests-militarization/612640/?fbclid=IwAR2-Z1fWpOejaseaEV0EUBjDR3iQ7_BUxO8IHT7UF33p7jRfygk_W-yf1E8

If it's bad enough for Mattis to speak out in this way, it makes me even more worried. 

[/QUOTE]



Didn’t take him long to attack Mattis

kUuht00m_reasonably_small.jpg

Donald J. Trump


@realDonaldTrump

·

1m


Probably the only thing Barack Obama and I have in common is that we both had the honor of firing Jim Mattis, the world’s most overrated General. I asked for his letter of resignation, & felt great about. His nickname was “Chaos”, which I didn’t like, & changed it to “Mad Dog”...


275


661


2.3K



kUuht00m_reasonably_small.jpg

Donald J. Trump


@realDonaldTrump·

1m

....His primary strength was not military, but rather personal public relations. I gave him a new life, things to do, and battles to win, but he seldom “brought home the bacon”. I didn’t like his “leadership” style or much else about him, and many others agree. Glad he is gone!

Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 10590
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 6:06pm

Bureau of Prisons have deployed special operations resource teams.

So... The White House is being protected by prison guards.

    

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/dc/unmarked-police-officers-dc-riots-bureau-of-prisons-riot-squads/65-bc1c42a7-b05b-490c-9dab-eebb1b1bba20


Back to Top
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: June 05 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 16608
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 6:17pm

Esper will be the next one on the chopping block....



https://www.timesofisrael.com/pentagon-trump-clash-breaks-open-over-military-and-protests/



WASHINGTON (AP) — US President Donald Trump’s Pentagon chief shot down his idea of using troops to quell protests across the United States Wednesday, then reversed course on pulling part of the 82nd Airborne Division off standby in an extraordinary clash between the US military and its commander in chief.


Esper angered Trump early Wednesday when he said he opposed using military troops for law enforcement, seemingly taking the teeth out of the president’s threat to use the Insurrection Act. Esper said the 1807 law should be invoked in the United States “only in the most urgent and dire of situations.” He added, “We are not in one of those situations now.”


After his subsequent visit to the White House, the Pentagon abruptly overturned an earlier decision to send a couple hundred active-duty soldiers home from the Washington, DC, region, a public sign of the growing tensions with the White House amid mounting criticism that the Pentagon was being politicized in response to the protests.

Back to Top
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: May 29 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 17310
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 6:22pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

What a Oranged Faced Clown. 

 That really made me laugh.  

You can't fix stupid.
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 41501
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 10:14pm

Well Chump is a Clown......with a Bible!!!!!

AI....

When we have problems like you have in your country then you might be able to say something, 

We have problems here, yes but its nowhere near your Stuffed up country ,

The Native people here gave a perfect right to complain about the treatment they get off our cops...

BUT ITS NOWHERE

Americas level of

 injustice......

To their Black citizens.....

Your a Sick country....America

But you can't see it.....

You need to get out of Hicksville and travel.....

I bet you don't have a passport......

You seem a bit insular.....

Go to a country where you are the only white man In  a store.....

See what you think then,

go trekking in Nepal, visit  Sri Lanka visit Africa......

Wander the World it might broaden your mind......

Trouble is how much can a peanut brain hold.....

Not ALOT........












Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 6155
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 10:23pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

There is ZERO evidence that the murder of Floyd was racially motivated, it was excessive force by a police officer that resulted in a death. If you think that excessive force by police resulting in death only happens to blacks you'r delusional and extremely uniformed. Had there been one shred of evidence that it was racially motivated then he would have been charged with a hate crime as well. He wasn't as that wasn't the case.  

 


I don't understand why you're taking every comment on here personally. You're seem to think it's your job to defend each and every thing about America and it's clouding your judgement over what's good or bad. Four white cops on one black man? He was essentially killed by pressure on his carotid artery. The question is would those 4 cops have reacted in the same way to a 46 year old white man? I very much doubt it. 

No one's attacking you personally AI. I hope you can see that. Surely even you can watch the video of George Floyds death and see that it was excessive. He was handcuffed and lying on his front. He was no threat to anyone. And still they killed him. Watch the video and see if you can swallow your patriotic pride and admit that an American did something wrong.

Or perhaps you agree with their actions. That's something we haven't considered yet................

I didn't take it personally I took it as a statement of yours issued as fact that was without factual basis. Perhaps you have a problem with facts. You certainly don't have a problem stating your opinion and using non factual information as a basis for your derogatory opinions of the US. I clearly stated Floyds death looked like excessive police force and I have stated before it was wrong. 

You know I don't  pretend to know much about New Zealand politics, society, the criminal system or the problems there so I don't speak to it or criticize it. But that's what you should do when you are uninformed and without actual first hand experience or knowledge on subject matter.  Perhaps your time would be best spent considering that when continually negatively commenting on the US. Something to consider............

Nice try at character assassination but it's as weak as your facts are. And who is we? Do you presume to speak for everyone?

You are a funny little man aren't you? It's not just my comments you have a little tantrum over, it's everyones. You sound like a boomer, and I bet you are one. A white one.

No just the over opinionated ones that state opinion as fact, without the benefit of actual facts . It's a shame a shrill like you can't make everyone think like you want them to, damn independent thought anyway. You'r kind of like that nosy neighbor or relative that tries to tell everyone else their opinion of what's wrong with their life, even if they are not asked for it. It's rather funny to see you always doing the new vs old dance and whinging and whining when your opinionated narrative is questioned by anyone, because you can't defend your position intelligently. Can't wait for the next time, always good for a laugh.

 Why would you like to make another ageist comment? Tell me did you mean "boomer' in a derogatory or discriminatory manner? What manner did you mean it? Do you have a problem with older generations of white people? Why do you think that is you do? How long have you felt the need to degenerate based on age? 

Peaceful protesting, the right thing to do. Go world!!



Back to Top
EdwinSm, View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: April 03 2013
Status: Online
Points: 15900
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 10:37pm

I noticed that is was a CLOSED Bible.  

It would be best to remain closed, or he might just happen on the part where the whole 'law' is being summed up and the second of two sections is about "love your neighbour as your self".

Or he might come across the part where in answer to the question "who is my neighbour?" the story includes a despised foreigner as the answer.  

Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 6155
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 10:52pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

Well Chump is a Clown......with a Bible!!!!!

AI....

When we have problems like you have in your country then you might be able to say something, 

We have problems here, yes but its nowhere near your Stuffed up country ,

The Native people here gave a perfect right to complain about the treatment they get off our cops...

BUT ITS NOWHERE

Americas level of

 injustice......

To their Black citizens.....

Your a Sick country....America

But you can't see it.....

You need to get out of Hicksville and travel.....

I bet you don't have a passport......

You seem a bit insular.....

Go to a country where you are the only white man In  a store.....

See what you think then,

go trekking in Nepal, visit  Sri Lanka visit Africa......

Wander the World it might broaden your mind......

Trouble is how much can a peanut brain hold.....

Not ALOT........












Maybe read the articles (or have someone read them to you) that's not what the aboriginal and minorities say, but of course you can't believe it or acknowledge it. Sounds like they do complain but it's right into deaf racist ears, 432 aboriginal peoples deaths while in custody, just a coincidence right, ZERO OFFICERS CHARGED, NOTHING DONE!!!!

 FFS you can't even see the pervasive racism in your government . And this was in 2018!!!!!

The Australian Senate has narrowly voted down a motion condemning “anti-white racism”, despite government senators voting for the controversial statement echoing alt-right rhetoric.

On Monday the Senate voted 31 to 28 to reject a motion put by Pauline Hanson – the leader of the anti-immigrant nativist One Nation party – which acknowledged the “deplorable rise of anti-white racism and attacks on Western civilisation” and “it is OK to be white”.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/oct/15/ok-to-be-white-australian-government-senators-condemn-anti-white-racism


That is an extremely racist and demeaning store display.  That would not stand in the US at least not for the last 30 or 40 years or more. This was 2016 in Australia and they were selling out as fast as they could get them. 

'Racist' Golliwog dolls flying off shelves of Australian ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3371284/Racist-Golliwog-dolls-flying-shelves...
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 41501
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 12:17am

ITS your sick country the WHOLE WORLD IS DISGUSTED AT.....

NOT MINE 


Please don't swear.....

YOU LOSE when do.....

I NEVER READ YOUR POSTS.....

Only the last bit of dribble that comes forth.....

Have you got a passport ?

To get out of HICKSVILLE......LMAO

you really have a SMALL TOWN ATTITUDE......

SAD LITTLE BOY....

NO WONDER YOU LOVE CHUMP

CLOWNS LOVE CLOWNS......





Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 78860
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 2:47am

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

Trouble is how much can a peanut brain hold.....

Not ALOT........

Carbon, be polite!  That was a bit too personal.  You can attack a person's opionion, but not themselves.


AI swearing is not permitted.  Please moderate your language.  If you do not, I, or one of my colleagues, will moderate it for you.  That post you made with the swearing in is hidden.  We are not an over 18 site.  You also are getting too personal.  You are allowed to disagree with Witchy, but not to call her names.  Putting it more simply: "Play nice!"


That was Technophobe the Moderator speaking.  Now for Technophobe the member of AFT - with her own opinions.


AI, there is a difference between art and science and how they adapt over time.  Both build upon the past, and rightly venerate it.  But only the expressions of art remain timeless.  (I love Bach even though I also love Lou Reed and I'm growing very fond of Ed Sheeran too.  My taste encompases several ages.  I am pleased to report I do not believe in phlogiston, "the brain is a waste disposal organ*" or a flat Earth.  As science grows the axiomatic errors are removed.)  So, demographic statistics change over time.  The hidden post contained out of date demographics too.  As I said, all these countries are racist, but they recognise the problems and are dealing (sometimes badly it's true) with them.  America is in the previous state of denial - IMHO.





* Aristotle.

ERCD
Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 10590
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:55am

Oops!  See my next post.  

Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 10590
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:59am

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

[QUOTE=AI]

No just the over opinionated ones that state opinion as fact, without the benefit of actual facts . 

Considering the Op Ed pieces replete with Cherry Picked facts you post, I find this truly laughable. Dare I say it?  I dare!  I dare!  Hypocritical of you.

Part of your problem, AI, is people here who have critical thinking skills have figured out three things about you.  1. You LOVE to play devil's advocate.  2. You hide behind your "facts".  3.  You get really nasty when you fail to change the dialogue to your liking.

Relax, dude.  Look at it this way:  Just as everyone has an a$$holes, everyone has an opinion.  But you're not going to change their opinion with cherry picked facts skewed in a way they're just too smart to swallow. 

I find it interesting (and very revealing of who you are) that those you attack and call "over opinionated" are the very same people who don't swallow.  

Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 10590
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 6:01am

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

Trouble is how much can a peanut brain hold.....

Not ALOT........

Carbon, be polite!  That was a bit too personal.  You can attack a person's opionion, but not themselves.


AI swearing is not permitted.  Please moderate your language.  If you do not, I, or one of my colleagues, will moderate it for you.  That post you made with the swearing in is hidden.  We are not an over 18 site.  You also are getting too personal.  You are allowed to disagree with Witchy, but not to call her names.  Putting it more simply: "Play nice!"


That was Technophobe the Moderator speaking.  Now for Technophobe the member of AFT - with her own opinions.


AI, there is a difference between art and science and how they adapt over time.  Both build upon the past, and rightly venerate it.  But only the expressions of art remain timeless.  (I love Bach even though I also love Lou Reed and I'm growing very fond of Ed Sheeran too.  My taste encompases several ages.  I am pleased to report I do not believe in phlogiston, "the brain is a waste disposal organ*" or a flat Earth.  As science grows the axiomatic errors are removed.)  So, demographic statistics change over time.  The hidden post contained out of date demographics too.  As I said, all these countries are racist, but they recognise the problems and are dealing (sometimes badly it's true) with them.  America is in the previous state of denial - IMHO.


* Aristotle.


I think you need to call out AI for calling KiwiMum a shrill.  It was uncalled for.  

Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 6155
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 10:02am

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

[QUOTE=AI]

No just the over opinionated ones that state opinion as fact, without the benefit of actual facts . 

Considering the Op Ed pieces replete with Cherry Picked facts you post, I find this truly laughable. Dare I say it?  I dare!  I dare!  Hypocritical of you.

Part of your problem, AI, is people here who have critical thinking skills have figured out three things about you.  1. You LOVE to play devil's advocate.  2. You hide behind your "facts".  3.  You get really nasty when you fail to change the dialogue to your liking.

Relax, dude.  Look at it this way:  Just as everyone has an a$$holes, everyone has an opinion.  But you're not going to change their opinion with cherry picked facts skewed in a way they're just too smart to swallow. 

I find it interesting (and very revealing of who you are) that those you attack and call "over opinionated" are the very same people who don't swallow.  

Well I find it funny you stated once something along the lines of your pet peeve was inaccurate information. Everything I post as fact is verifiable not an opinion and I generally post links to validate those facts most of which are of historical or legal. Fact checking something that should be done if you are going to use those facts in a opinion or argument. If you think any fact I use is in question by all means call it out and let's assure accuracy in information and discuss the validity of that fact. And if a fact is used to support an opinion and that opinion is based on it or is a stand alone statement of fact you can bet I'll fact check it for accuracy if it has any political slant to it in any direction. Can't have inaccurate information now can we.  



 

Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 6155
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 11:22am

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

Trouble is how much can a peanut brain hold.....

Not ALOT........

Carbon, be polite!  That was a bit too personal.  You can attack a person's opionion, but not themselves.


AI swearing is not permitted.  Please moderate your language.  If you do not, I, or one of my colleagues, will moderate it for you.  That post you made with the swearing in is hidden.  We are not an over 18 site.  You also are getting too personal.  You are allowed to disagree with Witchy, but not to call her names.  Putting it more simply: "Play nice!"


That was Technophobe the Moderator speaking.  Now for Technophobe the member of AFT - with her own opinions.


AI, there is a difference between art and science and how they adapt over time.  Both build upon the past, and rightly venerate it.  But only the expressions of art remain timeless.  (I love Bach even though I also love Lou Reed and I'm growing very fond of Ed Sheeran too.  My taste encompases several ages.  I am pleased to report I do not believe in phlogiston, "the brain is a waste disposal organ*" or a flat Earth.  As science grows the axiomatic errors are removed.)  So, demographic statistics change over time.  The hidden post contained out of date demographics too.  As I said, all these countries are racist, but they recognise the problems and are dealing (sometimes badly it's true) with them.  America is in the previous state of denial - IMHO.





* Aristotle.

First my apologizes for the lapse regarding the language. That aspect of the post has been changed. In regards to the other are people who throw rocks really surprised when one is thrown back?

I fail to see where an article from 2018 regarding systemic racism condoned and actually voted on by the Australian Senate is anywhere related to "a change in demographic's".

Likewise I fail to see where an article from 2015/16 where racist dolls were sold en mass to the public in Australia is anywhere related to "a change in demograpics". 

Both are highly relevant to the conversation of racism in Australia and racism in general.

Is it your contention that the "demographics" have changed so much in 2 and 5 years respectively that the information relating to systematic and widespread racism in Australian government and public as purveyed by the accurate information as presented is without merit? That's quite recent history and as such has direct bearing on the conversation of racism at hand. You post a racist song from 1954 and that is acceptable even though the demographic and society has changed drastically in 66 years!!! Talk about changing demographics.  

So I removed the foul language there is no reason not to restore the post and the information contained therein. 

Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 78860
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 1:46pm

It is restored.  Thank you.

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

Well I find it funny you stated once something along the lines of your pet peeve was inaccurate information. Everything I post as fact is verifiable not an opinion and I generally post links to validate those facts most of which are of historical or legal. Fact checking something that should be done if you are going to use those facts in a opinion or argument. If you think any fact I use is in question by all means call it out and let's assure accuracy in information and discuss the validity of that fact. And if a fact is used to support an opinion and that opinion is based on it or is a stand alone statement of fact you can bet I'll fact check it for accuracy if it has any political slant to it in any direction. Can't have inaccurate information now can we.
No we can't.  And you do post facts.  The FBI statistics for instance.

But published statistics can be cherry-picked and are only as accurate as their collectors, collators and interpreters.  They also ignore underlying drives which also affect figures.

ALL OF WHICH misses the REAL point;  Irrespective of numbers, some police action is abhorrent and only dealt with because public opinion insists upon it and has irrefutable proof.   This was apparently not Chauvun's first transgression, but it was the first prossecuted and the first to have been filmed.  What a strange coincidance!  The other officers at the scene also stood back and did nothing (except prevent rescue) while an unarmed man, who was already handcuffed and no threat to anyone, was brutally murdered.  This does not say anything positive about justice in Maryland.  

Yes, the police may have 'good' reason to have become racists, but that is still unacceptable whatever their reasons. It breeds more problems too.  I am Irish.  I am not a member of the IRA, the Real IRA, Continuity IRA, or any other terrorist group.  It would be wrong to assume I am, just because I'm Irish.  

As far as the gollywogs go,  it IS insulting, so is calling me thick mick or selling leprecauns, but a whole lot better than murdering me in the street.


Finally,  speaking as a moderator once more:  "Dont call anyone a shrill, whomsoever it is aimed at."

ERCD
Back to Top
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: May 29 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 17310
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 2:24pm

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

[QUOTE=AI]

No just the over opinionated ones that state opinion as fact, without the benefit of actual facts . 

Considering the Op Ed pieces replete with Cherry Picked facts you post, I find this truly laughable. Dare I say it?  I dare!  I dare!  Hypocritical of you.

Part of your problem, AI, is people here who have critical thinking skills have figured out three things about you.  1. You LOVE to play devil's advocate.  2. You hide behind your "facts".  3.  You get really nasty when you fail to change the dialogue to your liking.

Relax, dude.  Look at it this way:  Just as everyone has an a$$holes, everyone has an opinion.  But you're not going to change their opinion with cherry picked facts skewed in a way they're just too smart to swallow. 

I find it interesting (and very revealing of who you are) that those you attack and call "over opinionated" are the very same people who don't swallow.  

Well said Witchy. I think there's a number 4 as well: that AI uses insults as a distraction tool to change the subject matter away from discussing racism in America or anything that in any way detracts from the movie image of America as the leader of the world, or the president as anything other than the leader of the free world. But let's face it, Trump is the polar opposite of any of the presidents that we've seen on disaster movies played as reliable, sober, balanced statesmen by actors such as Morgan Freeman.

Funny, sad, little man. And I meant boomer in terms of Ok Boomer.

You can't fix stupid.
Back to Top
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: May 29 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 17310
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 2:39pm

Oh and I don't mind being called Shrill. It's a weak man's knee jerk insult to an intelligent woman who has an opinion and isn't frightened to voice it. You're a sad little man AI.

You can't fix stupid.
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 78860
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 4:18pm

I think I'm developing a split personality.............


Technophobe the mod says:  "Careful KiwiMom, that too was a bit personal."

Technophobe the me says:  "Well said!"


ERCD
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 6155
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 4:41pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Oh and I don't mind being called Shrill. It's a weak man's knee jerk insult to an intelligent woman who has an opinion and isn't frightened to voice it. You're a sad little man AI.

Well I look forward to fact checking you and your intelligence. But still waiting for that to become apparent. 

Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 6155
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 4:53pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

[QUOTE=AI]

No just the over opinionated ones that state opinion as fact, without the benefit of actual facts . 

Considering the Op Ed pieces replete with Cherry Picked facts you post, I find this truly laughable. Dare I say it?  I dare!  I dare!  Hypocritical of you.

Part of your problem, AI, is people here who have critical thinking skills have figured out three things about you.  1. You LOVE to play devil's advocate.  2. You hide behind your "facts".  3.  You get really nasty when you fail to change the dialogue to your liking.

Relax, dude.  Look at it this way:  Just as everyone has an a$$holes, everyone has an opinion.  But you're not going to change their opinion with cherry picked facts skewed in a way they're just too smart to swallow. 

I find it interesting (and very revealing of who you are) that those you attack and call "over opinionated" are the very same people who don't swallow.  

Well said Witchy. I think there's a number 4 as well: that AI uses insults as a distraction tool to change the subject matter away from discussing racism in America or anything that in any way detracts from the movie image of America as the leader of the world, or the president as anything other than the leader of the free world. But let's face it, Trump is the polar opposite of any of the presidents that we've seen on disaster movies played as reliable, sober, balanced statesmen by actors such as Morgan Freeman.

Funny, sad, little man. And I meant boomer in terms of Ok Boomer.

Funny thing is I never mention politics or very very rarely do so. It's you types that do so constantly grabbing on to anything you think might be of political advantage. And if you think racism isn't a problem worldwide or in your country as well you are blind and yet again ill informed. But you'd rather use racism as a political tool instead of dealing with it as a people problem regardless of political party. Political parties come and go, fundamental changes to behaviors do not. 

And your above post proves my point perfectly, you didn't mention the problem of racism once, just politics. And by the way you do know TV and the movies aren't real right.

Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 78860
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 4:53pm

You are still being personally rude AI.  

ERCD
Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 10590
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:17pm

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

[QUOTE=WitchMisspelled]

[QUOTE=WitchMisspelled]

[QUOTE=AI]

Well I find it funny you stated once something along the lines of your pet peeve was inaccurate information. Everything I post as fact is verifiable not an opinion and I generally post links to validate those facts most of which are of historical or legal. Fact checking something that should be done if you are going to use those facts in a opinion or argument. If you think any fact I use is in question by all means call it out and let's assure accuracy in information and discuss the validity of that fact. And if a fact is used to support an opinion and that opinion is based on it or is a stand alone statement of fact you can bet I'll fact check it for accuracy if it has any political slant to it in any direction. Can't have inaccurate information now can we.  

No.  My pet peeve is fake and misleading news. What I've seen you post can certainly be validated except that the cherry picked facts are misleading.  

The difference between you and me is, I admit when I was wrong or inaccurate and make that adjustment. You on the other hand you continue to soldier on with bushels of cherries in op-ed pieces you rarely if ever post links that the rest of us can check to determine if that op-ed piece comes from a credible source.

Like I said.  Relax, dude.  People here are not the enemy you need to one up.  

Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 10590
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:24pm

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

Funny thing is I never mention politics or very very rarely do so. It's you types that do so constantly grabbing on to anything you think might be of political advantage.


Bingo.. right there.  This is why I say you hide behind facts.  In this very conversation, you posted an op-ed piece with cherry picked facts from 2015.  And then an FBI stats chart from 2016, that didn't show anything but crime states and shootings of black and brown.

You do this all the time AI.  You hide behind your "facts" so you can deny being political.  

Relax, dude. People here are not the enemy. But they're not fools either. 


Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 6155
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:25pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

You are still being personally rude AI.  

Well being the weak sad little man that I am I guess I can only try harder to do better right. LOL

Back to Top
Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: September 09 2014
Location: scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 5645
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:38pm

This thread is an embarrassment.  A hostile circus.Why do you insist on keeping it in both the main forum under " latest news" and under politics.  You announced days ago you were moving it but that hasn't happened and it remains top of the news everyday.

  It is the first thing that anyone sees when they come on here. Imagine visiting this  forum for the first time and this is what you are hit with under "latest news" section.  What has this to do with pandemic and prepping.  If I came here and had read all this back in 2009 I wouldn't have wasted my time. 

Why this can't be moved to political section is beyond me. 

In addition  a moderator should have protected some of the posters who have clearly become over emotional  and posted some very personal experiences and opinions in the hope of wining some points recently.

Once calm I am sure some people must  squirm that they have realise how much they have  revealed about themselves and their experiences on an international forum.  If threads like this had been moved to a less instantly accessable part of the forum (political) some posters could have been protected more.

 I know I won't  ever feel comfortable conversing with quite a few of the people on this forum now,   after seeing what they are really like. If it had been moved to political I wouldn't have read any of it. 

  Technophobe you also seem to be encouraging this.  I know you say you put your moderator hat on and then off and then on again, often within the same post,  that's just silly.  Honestly you are too caught up in all this. I know you aren't meaning it, but when you are saying I am moderator and here's my opinion and now I am non moderator 2 lines later, it comes across as though you are blurring the boundaries.    You are one of the main participants and of course you are entitled to your say but this has turned nasty on all sides.

Quote in one line you say

Technophobe the mod says:  "Careful KiwiMom, that too was a bit personal."

In the very next line you say...

Technophobe the me says:  "Well said!"

So imagine I come on this forum looking  to see what it's about possibly thinking of joining.  Go to "latest news"click on first story and all I read is  screeds of  hostility, oh but here is the moderator right in the midst of it  telling someone to stop insulting someone else but 2 lines later she is praising the same person for saying it.  Doesnt look very great does it.  Seems  you are abusing your position to wind someone up.  So we are reading these comments from you in the "latest news". Please tell me what they are to do with latest news on the pandemic. 

You are not helping to diffuse anything. 

 

Good thread that turned into a total embarrasment.   Can't believe I recommended this forum to some of my workmates.  Now I am embarrassed.

  .


Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 10590
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:38pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Oh and I don't mind being called Shrill. It's a weak man's knee jerk insult to an intelligent woman who has an opinion and isn't frightened to voice it. 


I think I'm a little older than you, being a boomer myself.  I can tell you that in my generation, there are very few men who can handle an intelligent woman.  Even fewer who appreciate a woman smarter than they are.  

I don't know what AI's generational demographic is, but I'm not necessarily convinced he's a boomer. I could be wrong. I was the youngest of four very lively and intelligent children... I got REALLY good at being wrong.   

Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 6155
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:41pm

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

Funny thing is I never mention politics or very very rarely do so. It's you types that do so constantly grabbing on to anything you think might be of political advantage.


Bingo.. right there.  This is why I say you hide behind facts.  In this very conversation, you posted an op-ed piece with cherry picked facts from 2015.  And then an FBI stats chart from 2016, that didn't show anything but crime states and shootings of black and brown.

You do this all the time AI.  You hide behind your "facts" so you can deny being political.  

Relax, dude. People here are not the enemy. But they're not fools either.


Really maybe take a harder look at the data you'll see it covers every race. Oh your talking about the article not the FBI stats I linked to perhaps. Well I posted the article in it's entirety so I couldn't be accused of cherry picking and if I remember you called it spam. LOL wow. I posted the link to Techno regarding the FBI crime stats and like I said it covers every race. 

The other one I have no idea perhaps post the link and yes I generally do post a link as a rule if I am citing information. And no I am not hiding behind any facts. If I have something to say I say it. I would think that's obvious.

Back to Top
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: June 05 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 16608
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 6:15pm

https://www.inquirer.com/news/fishtown-george-floyd-protests-philadelphia-bats-hammers-20200602.html


Philly police stood by as men with baseball bats ‘protected’ Fishtown. Some residents were assaulted and threatened.


City officials Tuesday pledged to crack down on what they called simmering vigilantism after as many as 100 men armed with baseball bats and hammers roamed the Fishtown section for hours Monday night, saying they were protecting police and local businesses from protesters.

At least two people said they were assaulted by members of the group, including a reporter who tweeted that he was beaten and bloodied after filming the scene. Others said they were screamed at, spit on, or threatened with racist or homophobic slurs. Photos circulated of police officers taking photos with the bat-wielding men on the streets more than two hours after the citywide 6 p.m. curfew.

Mayor Jim Kenney on Tuesday criticized how police handled the group, saying: “We tolerated it last night for too long, and that was a mistake.”


The mayor said the group’s actions were “antagonistic” and the city doesn’t condone “armed vigilantism.” He said he was “disturbed” by reports of officers high-fiving members of the group, and Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw said the force does not condone “any form of vigilante justice or taking the law into one’s own hands.”


The group began congregating about 5 p.m. as rumors circulated that protesters might target the 26th District station. By the curfew, dozens of people — almost entirely men — had gathered, some chatting with officers. Many had baseball bats. Some had hammers, golf clubs, and pipes.


By about 6:30, Police Capt. William Fisher said, “Thanks for your help, you got to go home.” A small group of protesters assembled on the other side of the avenue. One woman held a sign reading “Black Lives Matter” when two men broke off from the group and shouted “All Lives Matter.”

She said one of the men spat on her, telling her that he “has COVID.” The woman spoke with The Inquirer on the condition of anonymity out of fear of retaliation.

“The fact that these guys felt emboldened to go after us like that, in front of the whole neighborhood and in front of cops, I worry what they would do to someone who is more vulnerable when no one is looking," she said.

After the exchange, a reporter watched Fisher discuss the incident with the protesters. He repeatedly told the woman who was spit on that the men were "allowed to be out here with bats.

Scott Hearn said he walked by the crowd when a truck pulled up and a man got out with a hatchet. Hearn said he yelled: “This guy has an ax!” A video posted to social media by a WHYY reporter who was later assaulted shows the man then yelling to Hearn: “Mind your own f—ing business, you’re lucky I ain’t got my f—ing gun.”

Hearn said he asked an officer, “Are you going to do anything about this? He has a weapon." He said the officer told him to “stop escalating the situation.” The man with the hatchet walked back into the crowd..

Back to Top
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: June 05 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 16608
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 6:32pm

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/33802/military-helicopters-descend-on-washington-in-bizarre-very-low-altitude-show-of-force


Some of the helicopters have held a hover right over groups of people, hitting them with their rotor wash and the deafening sound of their rotors and engines. This comes after President Donald Trump announced he had ordered hardline measures against protesters and rioters in the nation's capital, including the deployment of additional national guardsmen, federal troops, and federal law enforcement officers.


It also seems bizarrely dangerous. If something were to have happened to the helicopter, it could have quickly fallen into the crowd, offering them little chance to get out of the way. The risk of rotor wash sending debris flying either into the helicopter or toward people on the ground is another risk from this kind of flight profile, especially in a dense urban environment. There is no surveillance value added by hovering at that low of an altitude, quite the contrary actually.


While some of the UH-60s may be from the 12th Aviation Battalion, Doug Davies, who also goes by the Twitter handle @Dougilis, spotted a Black Hawk flying around D.C. just as the curfew took hold that appears, by every indication, to be one that belongs to the FBI's elite Hostage Rescue Team (HRT)

He was kind enough to share some pictures of it that he took, seen below, with us. This raises the possibility that at least some of the UH-60s involved in these show of force missions may belong to the FBI.

As you can see, the UH-60 in question has fully equipped operators, replete with suppressed carbines, hanging out of their doors, some of which have four-tube night vision goggles mounted on their helmets. HRT is America's most elite special tactics unit. 

https3A2F2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com2Fthe-drive-cms-content-staging2Fmessage-editor252F1591068326825-uh-60-2.jpeg

Back to Top
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: May 29 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 17310
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 7:36pm

Pixie, we were watching this weird chopper activity on a live stream and it almost looked as if they were trying to blow the protestors over and out of the way, like a giant leaf blower. I'm sure there must be health and safety regulations about using a chopper like this in a crowded area. It appears that Trump is panicking and doesn't know what to do next. 

We saw coverage of a demonstration where 60 police officers took a knee and diffused the tension entirely and the protest remained peaceful, and then at the other extreme we've seen peaceful protestors being met with aggression and being needlessly attacked by the police and then the tension has ramped up and the whole protest as become violent.  

There seems to be no cohesive central government in charge, it's just individual police "states" deciding how they are going to address these protests, and some are more successful than others.

You can't fix stupid.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down