Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
123456
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why are there so many "idiots" ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Online Discussion: Tracking new emerging diseases and the next pandemic since 2005; Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic Discussion Forum.

Why are there so many "idiots" ?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: May 01 2013
Location: Arnhem-Netherla
Status: Offline
Points: 52367
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why are there so many "idiots" ?
    Posted: January 24 2021 at 2:53am

DJ, 

The short answer is because "we" created them...

People here on this forum often do not realize they represent a better educated, informed group of society. "We" are priviligezed...

Even the above sentence, for me a simple one, may be above what a lot of people are able to understand. 

They are not "idiots" in the sense of a mental health issue-but because of social neglect. If you do not offer proper education, information the outcome has to be people denying science...

When you look at social changes the last few decades-the changes are massive. "Everything"went digital...on the other hand here in NL a few million people are having serious problems with reading and writing...The last few decades the gap widened..

Another factor is how those people are treated. They have become "outsiders". Political parties fail to represent these groups-so they get their own "parties" and candidates...trump, brexit are symptoms..not the disease. 

Instead of trying to give those people a better chance, better care, better education these groups were cornered even harder...

That these groups now are full of hatred and violence is a reaction to "passive agression" of a majority who did have better chances so far. Turning your back to someone in need, refusing to offer help, IS an act of agression...

It should worry all of us a large group of people in the US seem to believe "trump and biden swapped faces" and other insanity..

It should worry us because this proces is not new...we did see it less then a 100 years ago in Germany most...Then it were the Jews (again) blamed for everything going wrong. "Jews" were "the problem", killing them all "a solution"...

The only effective answer is improve communication, take people serious ! Stop marginalizing them-and go after those that exploit them...because also the nazi's did get funding, were exploited...

It is easy to say "I kick all of these idiots out of my contacts" but it may worsen the problem ! 

I know that the way I talk/write "is in another language" for most other people...and I try to keep it simple and short. We need much better, effective, communications and accepting for a lot of people reading two sentences may be "as if they did read half a book"...

It is urgent to deal with the communication problem, we "need to fix stupid" as best as we can...or "stupid will come after us"...


We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Back to Top
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: May 01 2013
Location: Arnhem-Netherla
Status: Offline
Points: 52367
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 9:52am

[url]https://nltimes.nl/2021/01/24/police-use-tear-gas-stop-protest-eindhoven-amsterdam-police-also-resort-drastic-measures[/url] or https://nltimes.nl/2021/01/24/police-use-tear-gas-stop-protest-eindhoven-amsterdam-police-also-resort-drastic-measures

On the Amsterdam Museumplein and the 18 Septemberplein in the city center of Eindhoven, the police have used water cannons, horses, dogs, and baton to put an end to prohibited demonstrations against the government's corona measures. In both cities, fireworks were thrown at the police, and in Eindhoven, the police used tear gas against demonstrators. 

In Eindhoven, the anti-Islam movement Pegida and the action group Netherlands in Resistance wanted to demonstrate on Sunday, despite being refused a permit.

The protests in both cities escalated, and police officers had to use force to break the crowds up. Similar scenarios already took place last weekend in Amsterdam. 

According to the police, dozens of people have been arrested in Eindhoven. On the Museumplein, the several hundred people present were told by the police to leave. Anyone who did not was removed from the square by the police.

and [url]https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/01/riot-police-use-water-cannon-tear-gas-to-break-up-demos-in-eindhoven-amsterdam/[/url] or https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/01/riot-police-use-water-cannon-tear-gas-to-break-up-demos-in-eindhoven-amsterdam/ ; Riot police have been drafted in to break up illegal demonstrations in Eindhoven and Amsterdam after hundreds of people gathered to protest about the coronavirus rules. In Eindhoven, police used tear gas and water cannon to disperse a crowd of several hundred people on the 18 Septemberplein. Demonstrators threw fireworks and golf balls at the police and at least 30 people were arrested. Train services to and from Eindhoven were also disrupted for a time because people were walking on the tracks, broadcaster RTL reported. The station shops were also plundered. In Amsterdam several hundred people went to the Museumplein to protest about the curfew despite warnings to stay away. Here too, police used water cannon and dogs to break up the crowd, in a repeat of the trouble last weekend, when 150 people were arrested.

[url]https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/rioting-youths-dutch-village-torch-virus-testing-center-75454680[/url] or https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/rioting-youths-dutch-village-torch-virus-testing-center-75454680 

DJ-This was in NL but could/did happen in other countries as well. Demagogues are "playing with people" that lack the education and good info to understand they are being played...Some of them realy believe "they are fighting for freedom" and stopping "communism, concentrationcamps, Bill Gates/nanochips etc"...

The Dutch security services are very worried over increasing extremism and "violent tendencies"...a part of the funding for these groups comes from US "conservative groups" . 

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E2%80%932021_United_States_anti-lockdown_protests[/url] or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E2%80%932021_United_States_anti-lockdown_protests and [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiscience#Right-wing_antiscience[/url] or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiscience#Right-wing_antiscience 

DJ Also in NL there seems to be an overlap between right wing religous groups and (often neo-nazi linked) other "protest groups". QAnon is also a major problem in NL (we do have very good internet, English is the second language-some "groups"are orientated on US/UK groups...neo-nazis tried to infiltrate via/in soccer/football supporters...some of them also have links with drug trade...

For safety reasons I can not go into this much further...


We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9495
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 12:47pm

Ignorance is just one of our problems, Josh.  People here are fearful of diversity.  WASPs here are seeing their numbers dwindle, and they fear they're losing the strength that is in their numbers and the advantage that that brings them, so they are acting like they are the oppressed group, because they have leadership that knows how to play on their fear, and whip it up into action that benefits the leadership.

I experienced this recently when I went on a website that I saw touted as one where people of different belief systems could come together and reach consensus and defeat the hate that has separated us.  Amid the conversation, I asked a question about a situation that happened in my life a few months ago.  Now you have to remember that I tick more than one box, in terms of out-groups.  I got 7 responses.  5 were very kind, and out of those, I received 3 responses that had some real, actionable help, and two that were supportive.  The other two were mean and rather attacking, and one of those read stuff into what I had written that was nowhere in my writing, but was just stuff they pulled out of their @$$ somewhere.   And I received admonitions from probably half of them for not ticking some of their boxes, and admonitions (not invitations) to become one of them.  They are really that threatened by people who are not like them.  It seems that this website is an established one that reflects a certain perspective, not one that was newly set up to fight the hate and divisions, as it was advertised.  That is how things are here,and a problem this country faces.


Back to Top
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: May 01 2013
Location: Arnhem-Netherla
Status: Offline
Points: 52367
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 1:34pm

ViQueen24, what you describe sounds to me as a form of tribalism...if you are not from our tribe "you are nothing"-like ...

Here in NL demonstrations against curfew/lockdown are going out of control...most severe riots in 40 years...I disagree with the protestors but share a sense of frustration over a bunch of incompetent big mouths called "our government" that made this mess...

By now very likely hundreds of arrests and tension/unrest all over the country..never had this unrest this widespread in Nl. In 1980/81 we had (much) larger riots but in one place...

We need good communication by people that still have some credits...most of the "politicians" have lost all credits...

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9495
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 1:57pm

The thing is that that tribalism or fear of diversity and the way their leadership played upon it was one of the building blocks of the riot in the Capitol, and of the whole movement behind the riot.  And just because it seems quiet now, doesn't mean it's over.

Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 54801
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 4:37pm

We are all tribal to some extent,

Followers of sports team.....

Followers of religion....

Followers of AFT....

the problem in the digital age is,

At the flick of a switch,a punch of a button on the TV controller ,you can 

Dislike, unfriened ,(cancel culture)someone who disagrees with your opinion....

You can also go find someone who agrees with your way of thinking.....even though thay maybe miles from you even on the other side of the world.

The idea that there are still people out there that want to possess slaves and put people in gas chambers like the Chump supporters,

and  Islamic state,

Knowing these animals can get together online is very worrying.......

how do you stop it 

it's not going to get any better.....

21st century indeed.....

Some are only just starting to walk upright........

Take care all 😷😉




Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 4:59pm

Originally posted by ViQueen24 ViQueen24 wrote:

The thing is that that tribalism or fear of diversity and the way their leadership played upon it was one of the building blocks of the riot in the Capitol, and of the whole movement behind the riot.  And just because it seems quiet now, doesn't mean it's over.

Rather hilarious, one riot in the capital and 2 deaths as a result of violence, some broken windows and the world is ending. Months of riots in US cities throughout the summer and 47 deaths as a result of violence and 2 billion dollars in damage and it's cool. LOL. If group A riots send them to Gitmo, if group B riots give them a pat on the back.  Hypocrisy much? And the left was silent throughout all those riots this summer until the poll numbers started slipping late in the summer. Even on this forum everyone was silent in condemning the riots this summer, everyone except Carbon that is as I recall. Perhaps it was tribalism or more aptly hive mentality. Incidentally how many riots for weeks after the inauguration 2016? How many riots after the inauguration last week?

And let me add the fact a unarmed protester was shot and killed and everyone is fine with that shows the level of hypocrisy. Now had the police shot and killed an unarmed protester this summer that would have resulted in even more destruction and violence. And the left would say the resulting violence and destruction was justified as a result of that unarmed protester being killed. But the protester shot and killed was on the right so that makes it ok. Not once have I seen anyone ask the question why didn't they use less than lethal means on that protester. Hypocrisy at it's finest and rationalized by the hive.

And the video of the shooting clearly shows that the tactical officers close by and down the stairs didn't consider the protesters a threat. Notice where the barrels on their M4's are pointed, pointed down and the business end isn't down when there is a threat. 

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2021/01/08/newly-available-video-shows-fatal-shooting-of-pro-trump-rioter-ashli-babbitt-in-the-capitol/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ9oThRuMVs&%3Bfeature=youtu.be&%3Bbpctr=1610038009&%3Bab_channel=NationalFile&has_verified=1&bpctr=1611544156

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 85725
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 6:37pm

5 deaths.  Not two.  
Brian Sicknick - police officer
Ashil Babbit - rioter - shot
Benjamin Phillips medical emergency
Kevin Greeson medical emergency
Rosanne Boylan medical emergency - So, they died not from shootings but other causes. They are still dead.

According to The Guardian, there were a total of 25 Black lives matter riot deaths1  (Forbes only made it 19) (The Washington Post made it 27 - but pointed out that the figure was inflated by adding in many killings which did not result from the protests)2.3 and more black people were shot dead by police that year than even the biggest estimates of the BLM violence.4



But the attack was on democracy itself.  It was not an attack on a person, a building but the very basis of the freedom and voice of the people.  It was IMHO terrorism.




1https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/31/americans-killed-protests-political-unrest-acled

2https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2020/06/08/14-days-of-protests-19-dead/

3 Calvin Horton - possible looter, post protests.
Chris beaty - shot by unknown assailant
Dorian Murrell - murdered - attacker charged
James Scurlock - reason unknown, could be looter, could be murder, could be manslaughter from panic
Marvin Franscous - picking up his son - shot dead
John Tiggs - shot by unidentified assailant after protests
Myqwon Blanchard - separate incident entirely

One of the deaths atributed to the violence was run over (Robert Forbes).

The most telling of the deaths was that of Sean Montorossa, kneeling when he was shot by police - unarmed by the way.   It is one thing to be accused of violence and be counted as a statistic thereof, but another entirely and far worse if you are a victim, as he was.  His death is exactly the sort of thing the riots were about.

I could continue, but frankly, I can't see the point as, just like the medical emergencies at the capitol, dead is dead.  Except this time all they were asking for was equality.  The capitol rioters wanted to overturn a democratically obtained vote.

Let me say that again:  "The capitol rioters wanted to overturn a democratically obtained vote."  They also wanted to Hang Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi - democratically elected politicians.

and add:   "The BLM protesters wanted to be allowed to exist, to live, to be given justice."

4https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/08/26/almost-none-deaths-linked-recent-protests-are-known-have-been-committed-by-protesters/



 One group wanted justice, the other wanted to dictate who ruled.  One group wanted to live, the other wanted to kill.

I hope you can see the difference



Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: May 29 2013
Status: Online
Points: 19385
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 7:18pm

Well said Techno. 

It was the reaction to the riots that really stood out to me. The Black Lives Matter protesters were largely mixed race with a high percentage of black protesters. They were unarmed and peaceful. And Trump sent in the military in huge numbers to quash the riots. And yet people have the right to peaceful protest.

The assault on democracy a couple of weeks ago was made up of predominantly white protesters, many of whom were heavily armed, and yet Trump withheld the national guard. He actively refused to send them in. The protesters were never intending on having a peaceful protest, it was their intention from the beginning to storm the capitol building, so they should have been met with resistance on the steps.

That's hypocracy for you. Can you imagine what would have happened if the BLM marchers were armed? They would have been gunned down in the street. If you carry a gun, regardless of where you are pointing it, you are giving a message out. The rioters at the Capitol building a fortnight ago were armed to the teeth and their message was perfectly clear and yet they were almost unopposed. Those deaths are on Trumps hands. He wanted them to succeed. He wanted to see chaos and anarchy erupt. Shame on him.

You can't fix stupid.
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 8:10pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

5 deaths.  Not two.  
Brian Sicknick - police officer
Ashil Babbit - rioter - shot
Benjamin Phillips medical emergency
Kevin Greeson medical emergency
Rosanne Boylan medical emergency - So, they died not from shootings but other causes. They are still dead.

According to The Guardian, there were a total of 25 Black lives matter riot deaths1  (Forbes only made it 19) (The Washington Post made it 27 - but pointed out that the figure was inflated by adding in many killings which did not result from the protests)2.3 and more black people were shot dead by police that year than even the biggest estimates of the BLM violence.4



But the attack was on democracy itself.  It was not an attack on a person, a building but the very basis of the freedom and voice of the people.  It was IMHO terrorism.




1https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/31/americans-killed-protests-political-unrest-acled

2https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2020/06/08/14-days-of-protests-19-dead/

3 Calvin Horton - possible looter, post protests.
Chris beaty - shot by unknown assailant
Dorian Murrell - murdered - attacker charged
James Scurlock - reason unknown, could be looter, could be murder, could be manslaughter from panic
Marvin Franscous - picking up his son - shot dead
John Tiggs - shot by unidentified assailant after protests
Myqwon Blanchard - separate incident entirely

One of the deaths atributed to the violence was run over (Robert Forbes).

The most telling of the deaths was that of Sean Montorossa, kneeling when he was shot by police - unarmed by the way.   It is one thing to be accused of violence and be counted as a statistic thereof, but another entirely and far worse if you are a victim, as he was.  His death is exactly the sort of thing the riots were about.

I could continue, but frankly, I can't see the point as, just like the medical emergencies at the capitol, dead is dead.  Except this time all they were asking for was equality.  The capitol rioters wanted to overturn a democratically obtained vote.

Let me say that again:  "The capitol rioters wanted to overturn a democratically obtained vote."  They also wanted to Hang Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi - democratically elected politicians.

and add:   "The BLM protesters wanted to be allowed to exist, to live, to be given justice."

4https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/08/26/almost-none-deaths-linked-recent-protests-are-known-have-been-committed-by-protesters/



 One group wanted justice, the other wanted to dictate who ruled.  One group wanted to live, the other wanted to kill.

I hope you can see the difference



47 according to ACLED The Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project (ACLED) is a disaggregated data collection, analysis, and crisis mapping project. ACLED is the highest quality and most widely used real-time data and analysis source on political violence and protest around the world

https://acleddata.com

And I did say as a result of violence in regards to the number of deaths at the capitol did I not?

And I neither condone nor do I accept the use of violence of the riots this summer or at the capitol. Clearly you do condone the use of violence rather than the use of our constitutional right to peacefully protest. Or at the bare minimum you are making excuses for the violence this summer.

Protesting does not involve looting, arson, throwing explosives at police or property damage. So I guess the siege of the federal courthouse in Portland for 3 months was terrorism as well since it was against the government and the elected President. Curious I didn't hear you call it terrorism then now did you? Again hypocrisy.  The FBI definition of domestic terrorism clearly states such activities were indeed just that.

Domestic terrorism: Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.

"more black people were shot dead by police that year than even the biggest estimates of the BLM violence"  Do you care to clarify that statement?  What was the criteria for the shooting?  Justified? Unjustified?

"The most telling of the deaths was that of Sean Montorossa, kneeling when he was shot by police - unarmed by the way.  It is one thing to be accused of violence and be counted as a statistic thereof, but another entirely and far worse if you are a victim, as he was.  His death is exactly the sort of thing the riots were about."  And now the facts.

According to Williams, police were first called to the Walgreens at 10:17 p.m. on June 1 amid reports of looting. At 12:15 a.m., officers received a second call indicating that looters had returned to the Walgreens and were attempting to break into the pharmacy.

According to reports, officers arrived on the scene and reported a crowd of 10 to 12 people in the parking lot at 12:36 a.m. Officers then observed the crowd filing into two vehicles, a silver truck and a black sedan. Police claim the black sedan then rammed into the unmarked cruiser, injuring the officer inside, before speeding out of the parking lot behind the silver truck. The silver truck was apprehended shortly thereafter, Williams reported.

Sometime before the black sedan fled the scene, police say they saw Monterrosa running toward the sedan. According to Williams, Monterrosa got on his knees and lifted his hands above his waist, revealing a 15-inch hammer in his sweatshirt pocket which an officer mistook for a gun. The officer then fired five times through the windshield of the police vehicle and struck Monterrosa once, according to police.

On the night of Monterrosa’s death, Williams claimed that Vallejo experienced unprecedented crime. According to Williams’ statement, many businesses were destroyed or severely damaged.

“Monday was a horrific night, something we haven’t seen in 27 years. It was an orchestrated, organized assault on our city,” Williams said. “There were social media advertisements to come to Vallejo and commit looting and crime.”

Williams also detailed Monterrosa’s criminal history, which includes shoplifting, petty theft, illegal weapons violations, assault with a deadly weapon, shooting into an inhabited dwelling, carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle, possession of narcotics for sale and attempted murder.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/06/sean-monterrosa-fatally-shot/

Yeah he was a choir boy in the wrong place at the wrong time just minding his business. Funny how it looks different when all the facts are represented. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.


“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 8:53pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Well said Techno. 

It was the reaction to the riots that really stood out to me. The Black Lives Matter protesters were largely mixed race with a high percentage of black protesters. They were unarmed and peaceful. And Trump sent in the military in huge numbers to quash the riots. And yet people have the right to peaceful protest.

The assault on democracy a couple of weeks ago was made up of predominantly white protesters, many of whom were heavily armed, and yet Trump withheld the national guard. He actively refused to send them in. The protesters were never intending on having a peaceful protest, it was their intention from the beginning to storm the capitol building, so they should have been met with resistance on the steps.

That's hypocracy for you. Can you imagine what would have happened if the BLM marchers were armed? They would have been gunned down in the street. If you carry a gun, regardless of where you are pointing it, you are giving a message out. The rioters at the Capitol building a fortnight ago were armed to the teeth and their message was perfectly clear and yet they were almost unopposed. Those deaths are on Trumps hands. He wanted them to succeed. He wanted to see chaos and anarchy erupt. Shame on him.

"heavily armed" and "armed to the teeth" how very melodramatic of you and completely wrong. Go ahead and post a video of those heavily armed protesters.  Don't just say it, prove it. You can't.

And so Trump used "huge numbers of the military" to crush the riots. Go ahead and list where all those huge numbers of military were deployed and the number of troops used to "crush the riots".  The only NG deployed by Trump was in DC to protect buildings and monuments from being destroyed by the "peaceful " protesters. Again melodramatic and not factual. Again prove it. And again you can't.

And this is peaceful as you claim about the riots this summer? Hate to see your definition of unpeaceful.



“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: May 01 2013
Location: Arnhem-Netherla
Status: Offline
Points: 52367
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 9:56pm

DJ,

Calling those that cause riots all kinds of names does not help, could make matters worse..

Here in NL mayors, politicians already are in competition in name calling...I would like to see much less  "idiots"....

I see myself as an optimistic person and love to believe better communications will work.  Starting to see those "idiots" as humans with problems may be a good start...

Proberbly you can split up the "idiots" in several groups. "Sensation seekers"-sometimes intoxicated, may be the most problematic one...But that there is frustration in many is imaginable and I share that frustration..."it should not be this way"...

I doubt most of these "idiots" have a basic knowledge on pandemics...and maybe there is a problem to be solved.

Here in NL yesterday we had the largest, most severe, riots in 40 years...What is different now are the "smart phones"...A lot of the "protesters"were filming, it may not be that hard to detect wich "smart phone was were" during these riots...Also many of the riots-and "protesters" are on film. 

But we can not have this kind of unrest while variants are spreading full speed...

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9495
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 11:05pm

Capitol.  Black Lives Matter.

Difference between the two?  Very simple.  Group #1's agenda was to prevent government business: the beginning of the official transfer of power, and impose their will over the will of the majority of voters. It was an insurrection, it was a coup attempt.  And it will be prosecuted and hopefully punished as such.

The BLM protests were 96% peaceful:  https://www.wshu.org/post/uconn-study-least-96-black-lives-matter-protests-were-peaceful#stream/0

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/photo-exposes-washington-rioters-chilling-plan/news-story/b02655d283a307198b73c8eb33d6300d

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/us-capitol-riot-weapons_n_5ffcff2fc5b6c77d85e96e56

Back to Top
Kilt5 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member


Joined: March 29 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 5375
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kilt5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 11:07pm

Natural Selection coming up

Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 85725
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2021 at 9:21am

No, AI, I already gave my sources in the links I posted with the rest of my reply and I am tired of arguing with you.  You are determined to make one group look bad and the other good.  I don't believe you are open minded enough to change your stance - in the face of both evidence and the weight of opinion.  So what is the point of arguing?   I remember you accusing me of picking the loser too often, well I learned from that and I can't win an argument with a brick wall.  I do not know for certain that you are a racist, but you are obviously a fanatical supporter of the ex liar-in-chief and he was, without a doubt.

Setting out deliberately to kill and either killing, or getting killed by accident, are different things; as are begging to be given equal rites and trying to overturn democracy.  Yes, they are still dead and that is terrible, no death is forgiveable.  But one group is guilty and the other just unlucky.  That is why there is a difference between murder and manslaughter.  Can you not see this, logically if not emotionally?

Opportunists cashing in on unrest, by vandalism, violence and looting see a great opportunity in large riots, but the dangers of being shot for looting are probably far less (they certainly look smaller - and it's image that counts here) than the chance of being photographed by security cameras in the capitol and done for treason.  So, I am certain there were a larger percentage of genuine insurrectionists at Capitol hill than BLM protestors in the BLM riots.  Facts are the gold standard of logical argument, no argument there, but not all facts are known and sometimes extrapolation is necessary.  Statistics are also facts, cast iron ones, but they can be selected for relevance - to a particular argument - and presented in a skewed way.  They are also genuinely suspect when some of the collectors or collators have a vested interest.


Finally, and importantly:  KiwiMum's expressions were not melodrama, but the honest reaction of a person with some empathy.  You can harrangue me all you like, but KiwiMum is a lady and far too polite, for me to let your insult to her go unchallenged.  She and I have argued many a point, she is never rude and you probably owe her an appology.

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: May 29 2013
Status: Online
Points: 19385
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2021 at 12:30pm

Again well said Techno. AI is obviously a huge Trump supporter and therefore, by association, a supporter of the Capitol building rioters. You are completely right about trying to argue with a brick wall - it's pointless. AI enjoys being rude, he likes to take offense where none is intended, and he believes that he and his opinion is right at all times. All I can say is that some people don't have the capacity to even entertain another person's point of view, and that in itself limits the extent to which they can converse. I'm always trying to teach my children the importance of being able to be objective and not subjective. 

My son has an excellent saying which is believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof. He's right.

You can't fix stupid.
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 85725
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2021 at 1:00pm

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.


I love that!  'Economies Recover, Corpses Don't'  is getting a bit stale.


Do you mind if I adopt it as my new signature?

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 15465
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2021 at 6:29pm

Am I the only one who thinks there's a difference between rioting in the streets over BLM and the seditious act of invading the capitol and interrupting the confirmation of a new POTUS?


Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 54801
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2021 at 6:57pm

The only difference.......

One was organized  by a sitting president  SWORN to upheld the will of the people who deliberately  held back the forces of law and order so to  feed his monstrous EGO ,

he was probably  sitting playing with himself as he watched the moronic hoads do his bidding......

The other were people looking for  rights and justice in a country  that espouses  rights and  freedoms , 

Seen by the rest of the world as to be the BIGGEST HYPOCRITES we have ever seen.........

Your standing in the word is ZERO......your morals have gone down the drain......

Seriously  you have a huge moral problem......

Mind what do you expect when 70 million of 

you voted for Slavery and Concentration camps.......

You have a SICKNESS ingrained into you........called MAGA

CHUMP has brought you down to his level .........sickman sick country......

"Strange Fruit on that poplar tree".........Yes you havn't grown much in 400 years.....you regressed........into subhuman.....Well 70 million of you 

Thankfully 80 million seem to be moving into the 21st century......

Not living  In  the 1700's......


Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 54801
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2021 at 7:19pm

Dr. Fauci discusses threats against wife and children


https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/01/26/dr-anthony-fauci-threats-intv-sot-ebof-vpx.cnn

Sick sick people, sick country.......

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2021 at 7:27pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:




"No, AI, I already gave my sources in the links I posted with the rest of my reply and I am tired of arguing with you." In other words you can't dispute  ACLED's statistics regarding the number of deaths attributed by them to the riots this summer. And I'm quite sure you checked it out and found them to be non partisan and highly reputable.

 "You are determined to make one group look bad and the other good." I'm not try to make anyone look bad or good, their actions do that by themselves. Curious that you can see the violence on one side but obviously can't on the other side. And you condone the violence. Violence is violence. And as provided the FBI definition of terrorism applies to both sides. 

  " I do not know for certain that you are a racist, but you are obviously a fanatical supporter of the ex liar-in-chief and he was, without a doubt."   Suspected racist and fanatical you say, yet you consider melodramatic an insult. Hypocritical much? Not the first time though is it or even the second. A feeble attempt at character assassination. Weak, very very weak. 

" But one group is guilty and the other just unlucky. "  Interesting you are unable to see that everyone is responsible for their actions and continue to make excuses and justify bad actions. Illegal is illegal. Violence is violence.

 "Facts are the gold standard of logical argument, no argument there, but not all facts are known and sometimes extrapolation is necessary.  Statistics are also facts, cast iron ones, but they can be selected for relevance - to a particular argument - and presented in a skewed way.  They are also genuinely suspect when some of the collectors or collators have a vested interest."

And you have ignored facts and statistics when they don't fit your narrative, haven't you. 


"Finally, and importantly:  KiwiMum's expressions were not melodrama, but the honest reaction of a person with some empathy.  You can harrangue me all you like, but KiwiMum is a lady and far too polite, for me to let your insult to her go unchallenged.  She and I have argued many a point, she is never rude and you probably owe her an appology."

Hardly an honest reaction if the information provided is knowingly without the basis of fact and slanted politically, which it was. And melodramatic is hardly an insult. And it was a term aptly used and wholly appropriate in regards to her post.

British English: melodramatic ADJECTIVE Melodramatic behaviour is behaviour in which someone treats a situation as much more serious than it really is.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/melodramatic


Ever have a neighbor or a relative who wants to tell you how to run your house or how to raise your kids? LOL


“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2021 at 7:38pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Again well said Techno. AI is obviously a huge Trump supporter and therefore, by association, a supporter of the Capitol building rioters. You are completely right about trying to argue with a brick wall - it's pointless. AI enjoys being rude, he likes to take offense where none is intended, and he believes that he and his opinion is right at all times. All I can say is that some people don't have the capacity to even entertain another person's point of view, and that in itself limits the extent to which they can converse. I'm always trying to teach my children the importance of being able to be objective and not subjective. 

My son has an excellent saying which is believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof. He's right.

The only question I have is how long did you search for a video of those "heavily armed" and "armed to the teeth" protesters before you realized you couldn't find even one in the hundreds of video's of the Capital protest and said that miserable SOB AI was right? And those of Trump ordering the "huge numbers of the military to crush the protesters"??? Still waiting, take your time, I'm patient.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2021 at 7:42pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Believers don't need proof (because there isn't any) and sceptics won't accept proof (because there isn't any).


Fixed it.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: September 16 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 2597
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2021 at 8:51pm

I have a statement to make on ( ME163 ).  

ME 163 is currently in a nursing home on oxygen due to post covid issues.  He and his girlfriend are in the same nursing home.  He is having heart and lung issues.  He hopes to rejoin the forum in the nest few weeks when he and his girlfriend are recovered from the issues. Until then he is hopeful that the forum members stay safe from this crap.  


Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 54801
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 2:51am

Give ME163 our best wishes

Take care all 😷😉

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: August 13 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 5045
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 6:19am

Why do you guys always devolve into discussing politics. 

I put forward something about WHO covid assessments changing literally on US inauguration day and some one called me a d...khead.  Then prattled on about guff about Biden.

I've been on this site longer than most here. I had to leave due to the level of stupidity being espoused. Facts were overruled by feelings. 

Every time I come here its the latest fear publication from the media being discussed and gobbled up. 

This place has become a circle jerk. Its sad as it was once a place where ideas could be discussed.  

Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 85725
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 7:02am

Me163, Get well soonest, Pal.  


How Bloody awful for you to end up in this state.  Amid the arguments, insults and point scoring, your post stood out! (I think it was put in by a friend or relative, in which case, a heartfelt: "Thank you!" to them!).   We are thinking of you.  We wish you well.  Let us know as soon as you are well enough to post.  We will be watching.


Hey everyone, how about a mention in your prayers - I know they are buisy at present, but Me163 is one of our own.

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: May 29 2013
Status: Online
Points: 19385
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 10:19am

Originally posted by cobber cobber wrote:

Why do you guys always devolve into discussing politics. 

I put forward something about WHO covid assessments changing literally on US inauguration day and some one called me a d...khead.  Then prattled on about guff about Biden.

I've been on this site longer than most here. I had to leave due to the level of stupidity being espoused. Facts were overruled by feelings. 

Every time I come here its the latest fear publication from the media being discussed and gobbled up. 

This place has become a circle jerk. Its sad as it was once a place where ideas could be discussed.  

I hear you. We attracted quite a few new members with the outbreak of Covid, and while most of them are fine, there's a few who want to show the rest of us how clever they are, how superior and how right they are at all times. They also seem to be looking to take offense even where none is obviously intended so they can have a good argument and show us yet again how pedantic they can be and just how superior they are. There have been a couple of Trump supporters who are intent on throwing their toys out of their pram each and every day - heaven forbid anyone should criticize the marvellous Mr Trump or point out any of his failures. They confuse fact with fiction. 

To say Trump did nothing to quell the spread of Covid is fact, it's not an assault on him personally, it's simply a fact. And that's  the trouble on here. These people are too sensitive and too angry and so they cloud each and every argument with trying to justify their beliefs. We've recently had a nice long run of good discussion because AI was somewhere else, presumably bashing another chatroom, but now he's gracing us with his company again and it's all becoming very boring and repetitive. 

It reminds me of one of those comedy skits where someone is being an old person and they are trying to tell a story and they get caught up in relaying the tiny details that really have no relevance on the story - it Tuesday at 10am ....... or was it 10.30?.........no I think it was Monday at 10am because the bin men came.........yes that's right it was Monday but I think the binmen were late so it wast at 11...........................

None of tiny details matter but people get hung up on them as their last resort to prove that they are right. 

As you can see from the chat above on this threat, AI is hung up on the words I used "armed to the teeth" and is asking me to prove that the rioters at the Capitol building were actually "armed to the teeth". Well where I come from, armed to the teeth is an expression. The only people who ever were literally armed to the teeth would be pirates holding a knife between their teeth as they swung via rope from their own ship to the one they were boarding. And yet that's all he can talk about. It's complete madness and in my opinion it shows me exactly what kind of person I'm conversing with, so I'm choosing to ignore it. If I want a puerile conversation I can pop down to the local nursery school and chat with a load of 4 year olds.

All that said, we've also attracted some great new members who are intelligent, articulate, well versed in current affairs and who add tremendously to the conversation. As with everything in life, it's swings and roundabouts.

You can't fix stupid.
Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9495
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 10:48am

KiwiMum, allow me to be the first to offer you thanks.  ðŸ‘

It is noteworthy that I did offer proof of the "armed to the teeth" in my post further up, which Steak Sauce evidently chose to ignore.  Predictably.  It will come out in the days and weeks ahead just how armed.  But there are no guns allowed, and it has already been proven that there were plenty of those in the Capitol.  Not to mention pipe bombs and Molotov cocktails.  

No, Witchy, you're not the only one, not by a long shot.  It's just that you're not the loudest one.

ME163, I'm praying for you to get well soon!

Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 85725
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 2:24pm

Originally posted by cobber cobber wrote:

Why do you guys always devolve into discussing politics.



Originally posted by cobber cobber wrote:

The narrative will be dead after the US election. About two weeks later its will be flushed down the memory hole.

No comment.

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 54801
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 2:39pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Originally posted by cobber cobber wrote:

Why do you guys always devolve into discussing politics.



Originally posted by cobber cobber wrote:

The narrative will be dead after the US election. About two weeks later its will be flushed down the memory hole.

No comment.

Few words say so much..... lmao

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 15465
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 6:33pm

Originally posted by ME163 ME163 wrote:

I have a statement to make on ( ME163 ).  

ME 163 is currently in a nursing home on oxygen due to post covid issues.  He and his girlfriend are in the same nursing home.  He is having heart and lung issues.  He hopes to rejoin the forum in the nest few weeks when he and his girlfriend are recovered from the issues. Until then he is hopeful that the forum members stay safe from this crap.  


So glad to read that he and his g/f will recover.  My best to them both and positive energy headed their way!

Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 7:06pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Originally posted by cobber cobber wrote:

Why do you guys always devolve into discussing politics. 

I put forward something about WHO covid assessments changing literally on US inauguration day and some one called me a d...khead.  Then prattled on about guff about Biden.

I've been on this site longer than most here. I had to leave due to the level of stupidity being espoused. Facts were overruled by feelings. 

Every time I come here its the latest fear publication from the media being discussed and gobbled up. 

This place has become a circle jerk. Its sad as it was once a place where ideas could be discussed.  


None of tiny details matter but people get hung up on them as their last resort to prove that they are right. 

As you can see from the chat above on this threat, AI is hung up on the words I used "armed to the teeth" and is asking me to prove that the rioters at the Capitol building were actually "armed to the teeth". Well where I come from, armed to the teeth is an expression. The only people who ever were literally armed to the teeth would be pirates holding a knife between their teeth as they swung via rope from their own ship to the one they were boarding. And yet that's all he can talk about. It's complete madness and in my opinion it shows me exactly what kind of person I'm conversing with, so I'm choosing to ignore it. If I want a puerile conversation I can pop down to the local nursery school and chat with a load of 4 year olds.


"tiny details"?????

The assault on democracy a couple of weeks ago was made up of predominantly white protesters, many of whom were heavily armed, and yet Trump withheld the national guard.

"The rioters at the Capitol building a fortnight ago were armed to the teeth and their message was perfectly clear and yet they were almost unopposed."

"And Trump sent in the military in huge numbers to quash the riots."


The funny thing is you make statements like the above and the ignorant will buy your liberal pathetically false statements. And then you cry foul and play the victim when asked for proof to validate such statements and now try to weakly say that's not what you meant, when you can't provide any proof to validate your statements. That's exactly what you meant to convey (and you said it twice) as you do seem to use english as your primary language. So many videos and no weapons. 

And Trump couldn't call up the military in any state against protesters, he could only call up the NG in DC, which he did to protect national monuments from being destroyed by the "peaceful" mob. Your ignorance of the US laws regarding the domestic use of federal troops as a result of the Posse Comitatus act is easily spotted and shows yet again your true intent, to mislead with falsehoods.  State governors called out 86,400 national guard members to stop those "peaceful" protesters. Most which incidentally were in democratic states. 

Stick to the facts or don't say stupid sh#t. It's pretty easy you should try it.


“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 7:36pm

Originally posted by ViQueen24 ViQueen24 wrote:


It is noteworthy that I did offer proof of the "armed to the teeth" in my post further up, which Steak Sauce evidently chose to ignore.  Predictably.  It will come out in the days and weeks ahead just how armed.  But there are no guns allowed, and it has already been proven that there were plenty of those in the Capitol.  Not to mention pipe bombs and Molotov cocktails.  


Now you can't use "armed to the teeth" because that's not what she meant LOL. Maybe "armed to the ankle bone" is what she meant. Seems about right.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 54801
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 8:57pm

Back to original question......

Why are there so many idiots.....

Because they are all disillusioned fools that voted for an 

ORANGE FACED LOSER  CLOWN....

That lied ,lied and lied  and theses gullible fools took the Clowns word....

Just look at these fools trying to defend  the loser...

Making America look STUPID....

Leader of the free world.....!!!!!!!

That's the BIGGEST JOKE OUT THERE AT THE MOMENT.....

Thankfully  Joe Biden 

Seems like an honest Guy.....

More than can be said for Chump the lying  snake oil salesmen....

Kings new clothes spring to mind......

Take care all 😷😉

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 54801
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 9:32pm

Just watched The Spineless gutless wonder sycofant Rand Paul.....

Trying to defend what everyone around the world watched in disbelief......and then has the gall to say 


'If the democrats impeach Chump will just add fuel to the fire and bring disrespect......"

Chump has Trashed any respect America had around the world,

After Chump incited a Riot.....held back the NG that would have been on his say so.....

Just look at what happened when he used the most sacred book to Christians to 

Wave around upside down,total disrespect....

had  troops there...... because it was what he wanted, you have to be  really nai've to believe anything else,

 these Spineless gutless senators back him because they care to much for their pay checks......

Moral vacuume in  America........

$$$$$ count more than Morals.......in today's America,

it was always bad if you called a Canadian American by mistake now you probably get bashed......

not that any rednecks would know that they never travel out of HICKSVILLE, well known fact Americans not very well travelled. your average Chump supporter would be hard pressed to have visited another  country, I'd be amazed if any of them had a passport......

lmao

take care all 😷😉



Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 54801
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 2:28am

Not armed indeed....

Swore statement from acting capital police chief.......

Let me be clear: the Department should have been more prepared for this attack," her statement continued. "By January 4th, the Department knew that the January 6th event would not be like any of the previous protests held in 2020. We knew that militia groups and white supremacists organizations would be attending. We also knew that some of these participants were intending to bring firearms and other weapons to the event. We knew that there was a strong potential for violence and that Congress was the target."   

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 54801
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 2:29am

Suppose that's fake news .......😂

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 54801
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 4:30am

Sorry if I offended any of the 80 million intelligent yanks that  voted for  sanity visa vi Biden.......

My comments  were not meant to be a  broad  spectrum.....

Critic of America as a whole ,it's your best friend that tells you that you have bad breath..!!!???

which I have done only to be thanked over and over.....

Take care all 😷😉

And I mean ALL ...😘



Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
BeachMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Avatar

Joined: January 25 2020
Location: Southwest US
Status: Offline
Points: 2975
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BeachMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 5:51am

Please pass on my best wishes to ME163 and his girlfriend. I am so sorry that they are so sick right now — my thoughts and good wishes are coming their way for quick recoveries!

As to the Capitol discussion — my two cents before I bow out in the interest of staying out of this storm. The Capitol attack was an attack on and affront to the American democratic process. It was egged on by the sitting president of the United States. I personally could not believe my eyes. I know that there are people who support what happened on 1/6, but I cannot understand them. In the meantime, Covid 19 rages on in the US. A few days ago, there were over 9,000 new cases in Arizona, and we are on the cusp of the new variants becoming widespread, with unknown but likely negative consequences. I am incredibly grateful that the political puppet show has calmed down, and that logic and reason have been somewhat restored (in my opinion — I know there are those who disagree) in DC. The election chaos took our eyes off of this pandemic for way too long — at a critical time, when thousands upon thousands were getting sick and dying. Maybe our perspective can be restored now. 

Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 85725
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 8:56am

Me163,


I appreciate that you are unable to post at the moment and I expect that your health will not return overnight - despite our well-wishes.        

So, I place this request (and I think I speak for all of us here) that you just try to keep us updated (or get that lovely person who helped last time to do it again) on your recovery and that of your girlfriend.

Keep fighting pal.  

That's all.

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 85725
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 9:59am

For those few heartless sceptics on here, who still think this is overblown, poor Me163 first told us he had been sick in mid May 2020.  That is more than a full 8 months sick.  AND IT'S NOT OVER FOR HIM YET!

OK, most of us are lucky enough not to have got so sick, or caught it at all. But if Me163 was the only sufferer on Earth, that would still be one person too many to go through all that.

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9495
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 10:44am

Yes, BeachMama, you are exactly right.  Americans should be fighting our common enemy, Covid, instead of each other.  The divisiveness is not helping in any way.

Carbon, these folks' problem is that they are misguided.  I do not believe most of them are bad people, and the few that are probably didn't start out that way.  I'll give you an example of what I believe the typical person of this ilk is like.

I had a friend, we'll call her "Beth".  Beth's dad was a dude who let's just say, "lived hard", biker, etc.  Her mom had health problems and was largely out of her life very young.  Dad and mom got divorced and dad remarried stepmonster.  Stepmonster had no warmth at all for Beth and her brother, only the children that she had with Beth's dad. They soon divorced also.  As soon as he was old enough to leave, Beth's brother went to the military, and Beth was basically used for the purpose of housework and babysitting.  She also swallowed alot of stepmonster's very strict religious beliefs and when she got a boyfriend stepmonster didn't approve of, was sent off to religious college, I guess which would be the female equivalent of military school.  She had become very absorbed in this faith in her last years with stepmonster, and this was solidified while at school.  Pretty soon she met and married a man she met there who was also of this faith, and had children.  He is a big fan of Rush Limbaugh, so she absorbed alot of Rush's and his ilk's drivel from her early 20's on.

Beth frequently had to work two jobs, so she didn't get to watch much news.  What little she saw was Faux News.  When social media came along, she began to get alot of her news from there.  We all know what a bastion of good and honest info comes from Facebook, etc.,/s.  Between all of these influences, over the years she changed from a sweet and sensitive girl to a case-hardened, racist/apologist.  If you talk to her infrequently or not in-depth, you may never hear anything offensive.  But Covid and Black Lives Matter changed all that.  

There is, just below the surface in America, a fear.  And a guilt.  These reside inside the hearts of the those who have privilege.  They fear the time that's coming, when those who have not, will outnumber them and will begin to displace them.  They fear karma.  Some are brainwashed, much more than Beth.  They become radicalized, their fear whipped up into anger, the anger fomented into violence.  

My fear is that The Capitol was only the beginning.

Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9495
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 10:52am

Techno, the sad part is that there are so many ME163's.  All anyone has to do is look at Coronavirus Survivor Corps.  Sad and scary.  We have a "From The Frontlines" on this site.  Equally scary.  We forget how frequently we are humbled by microbes.

Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 54801
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 1:43pm

ViQueen,

I fully understand  why people  follow someone like Hitler/Trump......

You only have to look back to Germany  in the 30s to see what is happening  here........

Lack of education ,lack of healthcare,lack of jobs........

Pick on the underdog Jew/black,Latino,lgbtqi, blame them......

Put them in Gas chambers then there will be more jobs for us good white folks because  we are superior.......

Hands up anyone has watched 

https://www.netflix.com/au/title/80134093?preventIntent=true

The point here is chump lifted the stone and all the ugleys popped their heads out......

These ideas must be stamped out, how many people  died fighting Nazis.....


Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down